• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

oh im so stupid...

Started by TheJamsh, September 05, 2008, 12:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i just found that using the nVidia control centre, i could instantly bump my max FPS from 60 to 75.

turning vSync off doesnt seem to let it climb any higher though... solutions anyone?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

There should be a place in the drivers (at least in my ati control center) that forces vsync off at the driver level, in such a way that not even an app can override it on, there should be such a setting in the nVidia control panel I would think.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

what do you think it would look like

all i did was change the screen refresh rate from 60 hertz to 75... would it make a difference if the framerate went up?

OvermindDL1

Yea, the refresh rate is what caps the vsync, so you actually did nothing for your overall speed if you were meaning to uncap it. :)

As stated though, just search for something somewhere about force globally disabling vsync, no clue where it is in the nVidia control panel, I know exactly where it is in the ATI control panel...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

yeh managed to find it under 'SD settings'

Vsync = ForceOff/ForceOn/Application Controlled

forced it off. so it wasnt a driver issue after all =]