• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Decent sound effects

Started by BS-er, September 10, 2008, 10:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

I've been scanning the internet looking for decent sound effects for combat and weapons for the game I'm developing, and I'm coming to the conclusion that there are none to be found.  All the sound effects for free or for royalty-free purchase basically suck, so it seems.  BZ/BZ2 sound effects blow them away, even though they're low-freq wavs.

Anyway I sure wouldn't mind finding out where they got the BZ2 sound effects and seeing what it would cost for the rights.  However I suspect that it's not easy, or might be cost-prohibitive.

BZ effects have a nice punch to them for the most part.  Some are on the wimpy side, but others, such as explosions and heavy weapons, sound great in my game.

I tried out a sound effects pack by Space at this site, but even those weren't up to snuff in my book.

It seems that the major effort and snag in my project could turn out to be the sounds, given all the time I'm spending searching.

Anyway, if any of you have come across nice, strong, punchy sound effects that are BZ2 caliber or better, I sure would appreciate the tip.  Thanks.

Nielk1

Some nice recording software and equipment plus a cabbage, baseball bat, and other objects tends to make good sound effects too.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

If you try really hard you can also make some passable effects with programs like goldwave, takes time and allot of experimentation though.

Red Devil

What box???