• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

config file for the 'join ip' option

Started by Ac/dc, September 25, 2008, 06:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ac/dc

hi guys, can someone tell me where in pb4 or pb4a directories where i can find the config file(s) for the 'join ip' option?

General BlackDragon

Heya,

bzshell_multi_joinip.cfg, the createcontrol name is JoinIPDialog, and the button to activate it is conventionally in the bzshell_multi_join.cfg, although could be moved to other places.

found in patch13.pak under addon > config > shell folder

You're resident BZ2 Shell Expert :)
General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Ac/dc

i couldnt find any files by the name of 'bzshell_multi_joinip.cfg'

VSMIT

Did you look in your @rootdir/addon/ folder or in the patch13.pak file?  It would be in the pak, not in the addon folder.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: General BlackDragon on September 25, 2008, 09:17:18 AM
found in patch13.pak under addon > config > shell folder

Thats inside patch13.pak (pb4), in the folder inside the pak, "Addon/config/shell/"

*****General BlackDragon*****

Ac/dc

i used the windows search tool in the root dir and couldnt find it

GSH

Windows search doesn't open BZ2's .pak files. You really need to listen to all the responses above telling you *what* file to open. You should consider looking in the modding boards for links to programs (pak explorer) that *can* open that file.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

go to www.bzscrap.com/downloads and download pak explorer.

It will enable you to open the patch13.pak file. you must then go into the folders within the pak file (Addon>Config).

in there you will find the .CFG file that youre after. you MUST export the file if you want to make changes to it and save them. so export it to 'My Documents' or wherever, and open it using notepad.

DONT import the cfg back into the patch13.pak file, as youll get bad assets for MP, and if you edit it wrong youll get an AV everytime that file is called by the game.

Instead, copy the file into the addon folder (NOT in the pak file) in youre root directory. jobs a good 'un

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Ac/dc

is it possible to put the join ip button into 1.2 shell?

TheJamsh

no. any shells made for other versions of BZ2 wont work with previous or newer ones. youll just get an AV. and i think bad assets too...

the shell files are very different from older ones too.

Nielk1

Jamsh, that is actually only some shell files like the in game HUD.

I am unsure about that join IP function. It depends on if the commands are accessed from in the engine in 1.2 or not. Likely not.

Click on the image...

Commando

As far as I know shell files are not checked by the asset checker.  ODF, MSH, XSI, and map files are but .txt, .inf, image files, and shell files aren't.

TheJamsh