• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mercenaries 2 PC Demo

Started by GSH, September 27, 2008, 04:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Imagine if you couldnt kill billboards...

"I just obliterated the ENTIRE building into a pile of rubble, and THE BILLBOARD IS STILL FLOATING THERE!"

:lol:

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

OvermindDL1

Ooo?  You can destroy the advertising billboards?  That might almost be worth getting just for the fun of that. :P
That is... of course... if it I could actually run it (screw Securom).  I do not suppose you know of anyway to help.  Everyone from Sony's tech support to random game forums, to etc... are stumped as to why it is not running.  I have no programs running that should cause incompatibilities (as Sony said), my Windows installation is nice and open so there are no permission issues.  It is that the Securom crap just "does-not-run".  I have no problems with any other modern games, just those with the Securom crap.

Quote from: Steeveeo on September 29, 2008, 02:39:20 PM
"I just obliterated the ENTIRE building into a pile of rubble, and THE BILLBOARD IS STILL FLOATING THERE!"
Yea, I have seen that in other games...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Red Devil

Not sure I want to try installing it after reading of your troubles.
What box???

OvermindDL1

I and another friend have major issues with Securom (nothing infected with it works), but my other 3 computer using friends have no issue.  Apparently if you use your computer for anything more then the Internet and games, Securom will hate you, however if that is all you use your computer for, seems to have no issues.

squirrelof09

Quote1.6gigs is not large for a demo nowadays.  I've downloaded a few demo's recently that are larger

I always love the way you take the way things are said and how you comment on them.

Btw, Why am I seeing political comments on the link?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

OvermindDL1

Quote from: .:.FTD.:.squirrel-Cmd on September 29, 2008, 08:39:44 PM
I always love the way you take the way things are said and how you comment on them.
Er... wha?

Quote from: .:.FTD.:.squirrel-Cmd on September 29, 2008, 08:39:44 PM
Btw, Why am I seeing political comments on the link?
What link?

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Slaor

Been playing Mercs2 on XBox360, great fun :)

OvermindDL1

I still do not see how someone can play an FPS with a gamepad, such a horrid control setup for it (as well as the fact of the lack of ergonomics that cause my hand to get horrible pains after holding a gamepad for more then 5-10 minutes).  Would be fighting the controls the whole time, not the enemies...

Commando

Mercenaries is 3rd person, but the point still applies.

OvermindDL1

Commando

Based on how mercenaries 2 plays, I can see a controller being usable for it.  Granted it wouldn't work as well as a mouse and keyboard.

OvermindDL1

Just about any controller can be 'usable' for anything else, that does not mean it is well made for it.  Like I would not use a mouse/keyboard for a driving game.  As stated, my main issue with gamepads is the lack of useful keys and the large amount of pain it causes my hands in a short period of time.

Nielk1

I tried playing BZ2 with a Duel Shock... Never Again...

Works great for the VTOL craft in BF2142 though, so I keep it handy.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1