• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Construction for pb5

Started by hybirdisdf, October 04, 2008, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionX

we must spend time to find a stability to him of the present versions, once we obtain a product stable and functional, just to think there about adding other typical, otherwise we will have many unstable versions all, which will make to decay the product.

Sorry my inglish!

TheJamsh

i think what he means is that we need to finalize the Public Betas before anything like that happens. but even if/when that happens, it would not be classed as a public beta version of the game.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH

Only Activision (the publisher) can call something not-beta. Activision refused to call the 1.2 patch 'official' -- read the screens while it's installing. 1.2 is *beta*, according to Activision. And yes,, that's even after their QA, translation teams were involved in that patch.

What does this mean: Battlezone II is in permanent beta. My hands are tied.

-- GSH

Commando

The new gun towers and vehicles seen in public beta 3 and 4 were not made by GSH so they didn't have much of an effect on slowing 1.3's development.  GreenHeart made the xsis for the new objects and I made the recycler variants that use them.  I then sent all of the files to GSH to be included in 1.3.  Pretty much all GSH had to do was add them to his patch installer.  Most changes or additions to 1.3 were made by testers then sent to GSH for inclusion in 1.3.

TheJamsh

so officially, BZ2 will never be finalized.. it will always be officially declared a beta.

however... GSH might sort of slip it to us that pb# will be the last one he can do. (was going to be cheeky and post pb## :D). that pretty much ties it for the end then.

GreenHeart

They only way i can see the new maps & assets slowing the 1.3's development is if they end up cause more bugs to be exposed which may lead to the patch being more stable in the long run.  The host can exclude them from game play by not selecting them.

(MPI:GH maps + Wug's insane aip set = Total Game Time: 4 hours minimal if your not defeated first) <- If you don't believe me go try it.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

this may be other thread material but... while on the subject of AIP's, they can be used to get a deploybuilding class to deploy at a path point yes? doesnt have to be .dll powered?