• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Aircraft Class question?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, October 04, 2008, 03:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

well i was using morph tank for my helicopter testing model and thats staying...

what im interested in is getting APC's to use gun turrets, the APC standard XSI has a turret on it but how can i get it too work?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I got it to work a few years ago, but wasn't skilled enough in xsi's at the time to get it to swivel.
What box???

TheJamsh

well actually i had a look and i think its labelled properly, but the center is wrong, someone should fix that...

General BlackDragon

APC's can't have turrets anyway, it'd have to be a hoverassault class that has a special that poops out pilots.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

poops :lol:

what a disgusting concept. remidns me of Ace Ventura... Lizard should have made the Swarm do that :D

BNG Da BZ Fool

Is it fair to say that 1.2 units may or may not work in version 1.3 and higher? Much of what I've made so far is heavily based around 1.2, but I would like to use them in 1.3 if possible...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

Most of them will WORK. Alot of it just won't take advantage of the new features.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

also remember that physics properties have been changed, so any physics and handling properties in the ODF's will have to be altered if you want them to behave the same way in PB4a. they change in every beta...

my vehicles tuned for pb3 actually drive around as if they are on ice now. thats kind of good because i can mimic ice for my mod perfectly now, even if they were tuned to perfection before hand... ah well!

mrtwosheds

Last time I tried (1.2) Apc's can be persuaded to fire their guns, when deployed, but it is not capable of rotating its turret and still being an apc. So it can shoot at anything that happens to be in front of it when it lands...this is not effective.
That was using an apc model modified with all the bits required for a turret.

TheJamsh

nielk1's attacher craft class code will enable you to control APC's but the gun turret will act as though piloted by a different unit, will be turretable though.

how did you get the thing to use its weaps?

Tempest Storm

IIRC the APC class does not use the AIprocess to deploy soldiers rather it is built into the classlabel to dumb soldiers out when it deploys. Because of this you can give an APC class unit a different AI process that knows how to fire its weapons and can still drop off soldiers when it lands. I believe the APC model also has turrets defined correctly already, but the class just doesn't support them. :(

mrtwosheds

Like TS said.
Without some thing like nielk1's code it is useless.
The turret axis in the stock model is in the wrong place to rotate if it could.
It can only fire when deployed, stationary, and when there is something to shoot at in its sights, it cannot aim left right up or down.

Nielk1

My code is just BBB's code with bells and whistles. (and MP safe)

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Quote from: mrtwosheds on October 11, 2008, 04:48:11 PM
Like TS said.
Without some thing like nielk1's code it is useless.
The turret axis in the stock model is in the wrong place to rotate if it could.
It can only fire when deployed, stationary, and when there is something to shoot at in its sights, it cannot aim left right up or down.
APC class can fire whatever position it's in. It all depends on the AI. Fighting AI's which know how to deploy can attack while its landing (deploying). The thing about APC class is that it can only deploy objects (like soldiers) while its landing, but otherwise it behaves OK. Also, APC's dont have turrets, like assault tanks, but they can still attack with weapons, its just that their only axis is up/down to whataver direction their facing -- not up/down + left/right like an assault tank.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

I am sure that I once made an APC that would turn and shoot like a unit when deployed, it just couldn't move.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com