• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Would you pay to play?

Started by AcneVulgaris, October 05, 2008, 05:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on October 06, 2008, 03:54:40 PM
I think are under served by the RTS FPS side of the mainstream game industry.

fixed ;)

I think I remember Bs'er posting some pix of him playing 10six or something like it where it was a persistant world enviroment like Eve-online where when you log off, thats just your character everyone else plays around the clock and his poor little base got mauled while he was away.

When i changed the gameinfotxt or whatever it was that let me put up 21 player strategy games in battlezone1 A few people at the time got a good taste of what a all out intense persistant world warfar game was like.. since the server host passed around, if you were lucky the game you made would actually be up like 20 hours later. grey scrap everywhere, multiple people per team (team not alliance)

anyways..

money/month is ok if its got a good reason behind it.

One reason is usually the bandwidth cost for games that are some what serverside and or the multiplayer experience is only established through the developers.

EI) planetside, eve, wow.. etc etc..

steam had a neat way of doing things.. some people hate it and boycot it, but that is simply childish regaurdless of the size of ones ego.
the valve games through steam are protected by vac(valve anti cheat) to play these games online you must own the game on your steam account, there is litterally no way to play with people online with a pirated copy.

and they have a instant messenger (friends list) that interfaces in game via super imposing, like X fire i guess...

imo that feature has become a little more imposing and less evasive over the last few revisions, also lost the ability to play chess/checkers/cardgames in the friends list at some point :O

when you tie paypal in through a creditcard you can bounce off fraudulent charges and such, so done right paypal is a sure thing.
find a way to support western union while your at it and your good to go. :P

OvermindDL1

Actually you can disable VAC and play on non-vac (aka, pirate) servers, cheating seems to be pretty rampant on those though.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Huscar

I think about 10$ each month, provided it's a good game. I like the idea of an evolving game and some form of refund or free playing time for modders.
If you think about going with the adds I have an idea you may like: if you're in some sort of city environment you could make in-game billboards with real-life adds on them. Just a thought.
Well good luck with your game!

Nielk1

Yes, billboard ads are ok as long as no spyware (glares at EA) is deciding what to show.

Click on the image...