• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Soldier AIs in 1.3pb4a

Started by Zero Angel, October 07, 2008, 02:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I'm having some trouble getting my soldier AI's to properly work in pb4a -- Many of my units attack with both their primary and secondary weapons, which means that if they're on the ground, they must crouch to use the secondary weapon. In previous Betas i've gotten around this by equipping such units with hoverpacks.

In PB4, units that attack with secondary weapons will become 'stuck' in the crouch position after defeating an enemy. The problem seems to affect the Soldier, Morphtank, Rockettank, and Aircraft AIs which I typically use on soldiers.

Does anyone know of an AI type which will correctly work with these soldiers in PB4a?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

Shoot them over to me on msn and i'll fiddle with them some.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Are you saying that you want hoversoldiers? I've successfully done that if you wanna take a look (or just wait until next SRV beta).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

He is saying he's done hover soldier before but doesn't want to have to.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

the way i think it can be done is by using two hardpoints with weaponAssault  = 0 under both.

what that will mean is you will have two combat weapons and no assault weapon, but the soldier AI process doesnt care what the assault setting is in the targets ODF, so itll unload hell =].

either that or use different hardpoints (rather than hand, use gun or something, and make changes to the weapons)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Tried switching the animations?
What box???