• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

External links for Bz2 on Wikipedia

Started by Mr. Spock, October 07, 2008, 05:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Spock

So how you guys like new Bz2 Wikipedia look?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlezone_II:_Combat_Commander

All unofficial links have been removed.

Who did it?

Dx aka reaper aka 96.236.160.56.

He wasn't happy when he wasn't allowed to advertise his silly mod so he made sure that your mods won't be advertised too. If he can't do it, no one will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Battlezone_%281998_video_game%29&diff=242676672&oldid=242676034

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Wgungfu

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Battlezone_II%3A_Combat_Commander&diff=242687508&oldid=241507560

Steeveeo

LOL! He called mods "Warez"!

Wow, just...wow...revert the changes :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Mr. Spock

Steeveeo,

Wgungfu aka Marty Goldberg is one of the Wiki's admins/moderators. He removed those Bz2 links after Dx's complaint. You can't revert his changes. I mean you can, but only for a while, because he will remove them again, ban your IP and blacklist links you are trying to add.

Dx neutralized the possibility for Wiki readers to find this or any other unofficial Bz2 site. Those sites are the only reason why are old games like this one still alive. One selfish man (Dx) changed that. Whether you like it or not, Wikipedia is very popular (first hit in Google for "Battlezone 2" is Bz2 Wiki page) and consequences of Dx's act will be bigger than u can imagine right now...

TheJamsh

am i missing something

firstly, who gives a rats arse??? we can advertise our mods anywhere else on the internet and that always worked.

secondly, mods arnt warez. they are freeware or shareware made by comunity members. in case you didnt know activision and pandemic made the game as modable as possible before it was pushed out the door.

thridly, DX is obviously a complete twit. as is that ignorant wufungu bugger.

EDIT: sorry i sort of directed that at 'Mr.Spock' which wasnt entirely intended. oh this has made me so mad!!!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

@TheJamsh,

Long story. I won't go in to detail, but you just need to search his name over at: www.battlezoneclub.org/

And if you want to here his side:

http://www.battlezone1.freeforums.org/

My recommendation: Don't bother, you're description was correct

(except dealing with Dx. As a friend, he has never shown any tendency to do what he's accused of and if you prefer to talk to me about it, don't post here, send me a PM so the admins and mods don't have to lock and clean this forum out. it's for all our benefit. :) )

@Moderators,

You may want to lock this. It has a tendency to become a flame war.

Jonathan S.

Mr. Spock

Jonathan Snyder out of topic... like always. :)

Mr. Spock

Dx lying... like always. :)

OK, after lucky foot's unsuccessful try of covering up Dx's unquestionably (Wiki has his IP and he's not denying it) guilty arse, just because they are pals

Quote from: lucky_foot on October 07, 2008, 08:58:29 AMAs a friend, he has never shown any tendency to do what he's accused of and if you prefer to talk to me about it, don't post here, send me a PM

and after Dx's unsuccessful try of blaming someone else with lies (every Bz1 player knows that Dx is the one who hacks Bz to force ppl to move to BzE), we can relax and get back on the subject of this thread - removed External links for Bz2 on Wikipedia, after Dx's complaint.

Nielk1

JS/Lucky Foot is our Wikipedia liaison, at least IMO. It will be sorted out.

Any issues with BZ1 or 2 on Wikipedia is easy to fix, its called conversation.
Though, they didn't allow a link to my old site, www.BZWasteland.com for some reason when it was the old home of the BZWiki.

BZE is legal if I recall, though written confirmation on how Activision doesn't care would be helpful.

So what exactly happened, someone removed large amounts of data from the wiki? So, its all in the revision history so it can be reverted after any issue is cleared up.

EDIT:
If what I said does not phase him we will just go to another higher member in the Wiki hierarchy and fix the issue. That being if we have any standing.

EDIT2: Spelling

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Quote from: Mr. Spock on October 07, 2008, 05:39:27 AM
He wasn't happy when he wasn't allowed to advertise his silly mod so he made sure that your mods won't be advertised too. If he can't do it, no one will.

either you or spock is causing trouble. i got angry because the way it looks to me at first glance is that you couldnt advertise youre mod on the wiki so you decided that no one could, spoiling it for everyone. if thats wrong then i apologise. but to me thats what it seems.

i dont however like to be called a twat when i ask for a topic to be removed. which by the way, i RECOMMENDED was to be removed because myself and others where under the impression it was a link to the ILLEGAL copy of battlezone 1. which would have this forum shut down. if thats NOT what youre talking about, then im not even registered on another damn BZ1 forum!

i get really quite annoyed when someone cant have their way and ruins it for everyone. if thats not what youve done then fine i apologise. if thats exactly what youve done, then there you are. dont tell me you wouldnt say the same in my position, anyone would.

put simply i have no quarrel with any BZ1/BZ2 community member or player until they set about damaging it in a tantrum i think thats entirely fair.

Nielk1

Heh... In the BZ1 area he talks about no mods/patches unless they are official or note able.

For BZ2, 1.2, 1.3, FS, FE, and maybe even QF (he did a great job on it) are all very very notable.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

id agree on QF also. for a mod made by one person only, job well done.

Mr. Spock

TheJamsh,

Why are you confused about who is causing the trouble?

You have screen shots and links. Check out who went on Marty Goldberg's personal page to cry about Bz2 External links. Dx's motto is: if I can't have it no one will. Kinda reminds me of the day when he crashed BZC forum to gain admin rights. http://battlezone1.freeforums.org/reaper-crashed-yg-forum-t202.html

I just posted to warn you about what happened, because I think that you may lose some new players without Wiki links.

TheJamsh

kuh

'whatever' thankfully this post doesnt show up in unread replies anymore. either way its caused trouble. doubt im the only one annoyed by it.

aplogoies for foul language, its not my week apparently...

lucky_foot

Quote from: Mr. Spock on October 07, 2008, 09:19:21 AM
Jonathan Snyder out of topic... like always. :)

Out...of...topic?  :?

I simply said without starting in to this tirade was that this whole reason your posting here is because you're trying to come after the BZ2 community now. :D No one's paying attention to you anymore on the BZ1. LOL, are you still upset with me that I deleted the link to your website on the official wikipedia as the moderator who runs it wanted? ROFLOL, get over it or revert it and let them take it out.

The simple thing is why the heck did you even bother posting this trash except to start a fight? I mean, we'd down the line figure out somebody modified the website and would have quietly reverted it back without you coming here and continually insulting people.

For crying out loud. I don't think we really care about the wikipedia compared to how much we love the game and the work the GSH and Ken has put out.

BZE1.1 has chocked your escapades and I'm no longer interested in even following your little tirades.

Please moderator or admin, this is turning in to a flame war and I've started it. Can we close this topic now as it's only meant to start a fight? Or move it to the OT where it can be ignored?

Jonathan S.

Mr. Spock

Quote from: lucky_foot on October 07, 2008, 12:30:34 PMthis is turning in to a flame war and I've started it.

Or moderators/admins could just remove your posts which now, beside being off topic, contain lies too (no wonder, when master liar Dx is your pal), so adults could continue with the Wikipedia discussion without your flames.