• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

External links for Bz2 on Wikipedia

Started by Mr. Spock, October 07, 2008, 05:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

I've been here waaaaayyyyyy longer then you have and the admins and moderators know that I respect their decision if they choose to delete, modify, or change my post based on a rule that I've broken. I respect their authority as they were either appointed or own the board.

You, of course, after the little fiasco over at BZC, can't take it...odds are, if you're posts wind up being deleted you'll continue on your little quest that now this site has been taken over by ~YG~.

So, it's simple as this. If our posts stand, they wanted it too, if either gets deleted (or both) then that's what they want.

(Dang, I must be having a bad day. First time I've lost my temper in public. LOL )

Jonathan S.

OvermindDL1

I do not think it should be locked quite yet as there is still discussion that could be done on the subject of this thread.  But do try to refrain from flaming, I can just split the topic then to at least keep the bulk on topic.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

lucky_foot

Jonathan S.

bigbadbogie

Listen you crazy bunch of ravernous vultures!

If you want to fight over random things, do it on a forum that will let you please. Get off BZU and bugger off home to the bz1 boards.

I don't care who is right and who is wrong... just that you are bringing a war that we have nothing to do with to our homeland.

As for hootipedia, it doesnt worry me in the slightest that our mods are not mentioned. If people are interested enough to see if there are mods they are going to google for it and find this forum, or bz2md.

Boy that felt good!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

If you want my side, there is no reason for this to have been started. Mr. Spock, why are you (a BZ1 player) coming to this particular forum (a BZ2 forum - hence the name "Battlezone II"), to tell on someone (a BZ1 player) who removed a few links that can easily be added back in? On the other hand, why are you BZ2 players turning around and lashing out?

I would have locked this, but...
Quote from: OvermindDL1 on October 07, 2008, 12:55:24 PM
I do not think it should be locked quite yet as there is still discussion that could be done on the subject of this thread.  But do try to refrain from flaming, I can just split the topic then to at least keep the bulk on topic.

I trust his judgment very much, and he's been around here longer than me so he knows who these people are. The discussion can keep going, but don't keep pointing fingers in every which way with insults blasting off.

TheJamsh

i want to apologise to all for that outburst. also Dx. i had a feeling spock was causing trouble but you know how it is on a forum.

fact remains. i dont see why this was brought to these boards. secondly, i think the apparently slightly igonorant wiki moderator what a mod is. i agree with BBB that its not a ginat fuss about wikipedia closing links to our mods. you can google most of them and will get results, and bz2md has links posted all over the place.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Mr. Spock

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 07, 2008, 03:21:45 PMMr. Spock, why are you (a BZ1 player) coming to this particular forum (a BZ2 forum - hence the name "Battlezone II"), to tell on someone (a BZ1 player) who removed a few links that can easily be added back in?

I posted simple information about Bz2 on Bz2 Forum. Whether I play Bz1, Bz2, both games or none, it doesn't matter. If you don't like me posting on these boards, you can delete my account right away. I could care less.

You can easily add those links back?! ROFL. You should have read my first post and my reply to Steeveeo with understanding, before addressing anything to me. Well, too late now, but be sure to do it next time. ;)

TheJamsh

youve started two flaming wars on this board in less than a few days.

look in short we arnt bothered about the links. we have other ways to advertise our mods. and in fairness, the BZ2 community has stuck through all the grief its got so far and has been pretty tested.

i just want to make the point that attempts to shut down BZ2 community and its public betas will NOT work. thats not a message to you and dx personally thats a general message to anyone who attempts it.

Mr. Spock

TheJamsh,

I won't tell you to re-read what's said here once again, because I know you already did that 10 times, and you still don't understand what's going on. That's pretty clear form your posts in which you are asking yourself that question over and over.

Sorry pal, but there's no help for you. 

TheJamsh

dont pal me 'pal'. ive read youre damn posts once. enough to know whats going on. youre bad enough to have taken screenshots just to stoke the fire. youre causing trouble.

i read whats written. its not that i dont understand. i simply dont side with you and NOONE GIVES A SH!T. since thats clearly a concept you cant wrap youre head around theres no helping YOU. im not going over to some damn BZ1 forum to read another flame topic about exactly the same thing.

if you want to continue this arguement. do it over msn where the point can be succesfully drilled in. im not in the frame of mind to lose my priveliges on this forum because of you. if youre smart enough, find my addy.

if not ill assume youve gotten the point. no longer replying to this topic. ive apologised for my outburst but this is getting ridiculous. someone please frakking lock it before it escalates...

Feared_1

Add the links back into the Wiki page. If they take them down, tell me and I'll send this Marty dude a message.

I can tell right now that this topic is going nowhere fast. This is not a discussion, this is a flame war. Mr. Spock, why do you seek to cause problems? You can't say you don't, or you would not have started this topic in the first place. Battlezone II people, why did you all respond? It's just pushing him to do more.

Locking this. If someone (a moderator) wants to pull out a legitimate post and start a new topic that DOESN'T have the risk of starting a flame war, they can, but I fail to find any here.

EDIT: Spelling

OvermindDL1

Okay, this has turned into a flame war between multiple people, instead of just keeping it on topic as suggested.  If you want to talk about the subject, open a new thread, no flaming in it though, and locking this one.

EDIT:  Bah, Feared_1 did it between the time I opened the page and my computer froze for a half hour while compiling something.  :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey