• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A good DVDR Drive

Started by shane ward, October 10, 2008, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Right, I know I have come to the right place to ask this ;)

Anyone know of a good DVD Writer that will LAST YEARS, WRITE to any form of DVD/CDR Media without problems and will not get dusty and messed up inside... Something good.

I thought I had a good DVD Drive, Plextor, but after about 2 years it has gone funny on me... grrrrrr

Ho, and a good price too... prefbly in the UK ;)

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

CmptrWz

I don't know what to recommend in the UK, several of the brands I use I have been told by others aren't avail in the UK.

But I do know that the "dusty" part is usually not the drive, but the computer. If the only place your computer can pull air in is the optical drives they will get dusty. If you have more air being forced in to your computer then forced out chances are your drives will stay cleaner (although still not a guarantee).

OvermindDL1

I have been using the same cheap one for many years now, works like a charm, whenever I do use it that is, maybe once a year. :P
Lite-On brand I think it is.  They are sold locally here for $50 anyway, so not like it sets you back any.

On another note, I *HATE* it when games require a disk to be in a drive, that is the whole reason I use a virtual drive.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

i have an external HP drive that has worked perfectly for over a year. we originally used it to replace the busted drive on a sony vaio laptop. (i HATE sony as of that point)

'HP dvd840' is the device type. oh and by the way, apparently its not supposed to work with vista, but i got it too work just fine.

rule of the thumb in my opinion? used an external disc drive, for two reasons, one they are p!55 easy to replace shoyuld they go busted as any mug can do it, and two, they seem to last longer than cheap built-in drives.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.