• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Programming People...

Started by TheJamsh, October 14, 2008, 07:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

I was thinking recently, what utility would really help with BZ2 modding and suchlike...

Then it hit me, an effect simulator program! The program could be a fairly simple interface such as OM's Msh viewer program he wrote not so long ago...

You could 'open' and odf with an effect in it, use a .cfg file to locate pak files for textures and such likes. and just make hte effect play/repeat/pause itself over and over again as the camera spins around its centre.

More of a brainstorm than anything else, but if any programmers around here want something new to try, maybe i have found something =]. i would be quite happy to program it myself if i had any clue where to start.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

The best thing for making effects would be a special map and DLL. The DLL would execute a CFG, giving the user options, and would be able to save ODF files. Well above my C++ BZ2 DLL level.

Click on the image...