• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

would someone explain to me hwo to make animations in notepad?

Started by TheJamsh, October 19, 2008, 07:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

title is self explanatory... id like to know how to make animations in notepad...

e.g. moving things up/down left right etc, rotating them, maybe getting them to go bigger and smaller, vertex animations??

and also, a bit of explanationon all the XSI bits i need to change if a model has been threeded...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

That kind of stuff is trial and error....... you can make or break a model that way, which is why i turned to actually using the few programs we have animation exporting for.

GreenHeart

In order to do animations in notepad you'll have to use some sort of 3d viewer to see your changes that you make.  If you could i'd suggest locating an old copy of 3d exploration possibly from dutchboy's old website since the old trial version don't disable the viewer & only eliminate the saving abiltiy.

Actually learning to make animations i'd suggest you get the stock xsi files that have animations so u can see what each set of animation does.  learn by examples & by testing your changes repeatedly in the viewer.  Note: some animations don't view correctly in 3d exploration such as bone animation from the pilot, mauler,and scion morph units.

maybe this tutorial maybe of some use.
Model :: Scion Morphing in Max & Notepad
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

BNG Da BZ Fool

I believe 2 Sheds suggested doing some cut and paste stuff with the animation sections and playing around with stuff a bit.

Do you have Winmerge TJ? It's a free text editor that supports side by side opening of 2 text documents. After which you can swap whole sections back and forth to copy animation sections. Gheck out these search results if you'd like to locate it> http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=winmerge&FORM=IEFM&src=IE-SearchBox
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.