• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

If experts-exchange has ever teased you for an answer with an exhoribant fee...

Started by Angstromicus, October 26, 2008, 04:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

A fairly useless site, but there's been a few specific questions answered there that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Using firefox as an example:

1. Go to Tools>Options(on windows) or File>Preferences(on mac)
   2. Now go to the privacy tab and click Show Cookies
   3. Find "Experts-Exchange.com" (do not use search) click it once and click Remove Cookies and you can close that window
   4. Now click Exceptions which is right above the Show Cookies button type experts-exchange.com and click block.
   5. Now you can close everything and when you refresh your answers will be at the very bottem of the page(you will still the jibberish you had saw before you signed up but the answers are below that)

Source: http://tutorialninjas.net/2007/08/03/hack-experts-exchange-to-show-answers-without-paying-or-signing-up/

Nielk1

It didn't work. All the answers have this thing about a 5 day trial.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Worked for me!

Neilk1, did you clear out your existing experts-exchange cookies after adding it as an exception?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

yes

EDIT: Apparently you have to go though Google or something, since it works when I Google directly to the question.

Finally, I can get those answers to my programming questions.

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

Scroll to the bottom of the page. The first boxes with subscription offers in them are the fakes. The real answers are right at the bottom of the page.

Nielk1

I know that, I was not getting that unless I went via Google.

A greasemonkey script should clean up their site some more :D

EDIT:
Ok, I set up my ref control plugin to say "http://www.google.com/ was the referer for the site and now the cookie bit always works. Wonderful!

Click on the image...