• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Started by Power Board, October 28, 2008, 12:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have no idea what codec is needed for them, or why it's worked for me...  I just know BZ1's run regardless of my having the avi's installed.  The only problem I've ever had running it under XP or 2K is that my connection kept dropping for a long time, possibly because of my Linksys.  I had the same problem with Tribes 1 for awhile, but it went away without my doing anything so I never did figure out what it was.

Anyway...  as to codecs...

Cinepak is installed along with Max 3...  I've also installed the "Ultimate Codec Pack" or some such collection of codecs, along the way.  There are a ton of such things out there, just scan them for virii before installing any.  :)

-Av-

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Power Board

Yay!  :-D
It worked.
Thanks guys  :-)

Nielk1

Would encoding the AVIs with a new codec fix that issue?

Click on the image...

Mr. Spock

Reaper, you forgot to say that you already have the fix, which doesn't give MVM to the original game, and that you're refusing to share it with us, because Tug, selfish guy who made the fix (with the code you gave to him), doesn't allow it.

bigbadbogie

MMMMmmmmm!! *BBB savouring the moment that spock and dx start fighting again.*
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

Quote from: Dx on November 08, 2008, 07:41:38 PM
even the fixed version has to use XP compatibility mode in vista plus install the indeo xp codec's.
While the avi's play for sp missions, some people still have problems and re-encoding them creates audio/video timing issues in some missions.

The code exists, but doesnt work well enough to be distributed. Thats what I interpetted.

Mr. Spock

It's already distributed, in reaper's mod.

Nielk1

So far it looks likes spock only said something that looked factual about another person who is limiting what DX can do. I might be wrong, but I don't see a fight coming.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 09, 2008, 05:26:20 PM
So far it looks likes spock only said something that looked factual about another person who is limiting what DX can do. I might be wrong, but I don't see a fight coming.

Oh trust me, it is coming. They will fight over something tiny and eventually turn it into WW3.

Quote from: Dx on November 09, 2008, 05:58:53 PM
Bz is currently split up between people that want a fair game and those who want to hack, cheat and or cause problems. Spock is just pointing out that i refused to feed the trolls in 1.4. I'll just leave it at that and move on...

And here it is....

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

*sigh*

The only rule here is to NOT prove that deleting the BZ1 forum here was a good decision.

Right?

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Right.

Spock, DX - No fighting!!!

My BZ2 mods:

bigbadbogie

Now its a fight between me and Dx!!

Oh god I love fighting!! *throws punches at screen*

(Oh sorry you said stop spamming.)

My BZ2 mods:

Sonic

BBB, Shut up! Consider this a warning.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."