• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Started by Power Board, October 28, 2008, 12:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

Hi,
I've recently tried to play BZ online but when i do the game freazes and quits with the music still going.
I have the latest server file so whats going wrong?

Thanks

BTW i'm on Win XP

VSMIT

Did you update to 1.4L?  That may be a cause.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Power Board

Nielk1

I am unsure about bz1, but I think L is a much played version. M is like L with extras removed, and N is BZF's.

I would really like more info on this/ (I don't care who gives the info, just try not to bias it. For example, don't attack me for not knowing or call one version 'stupid'.)

Click on the image...

SkyNET

Do a virus scan of any full copy of BZ1 you find though, as there have been reports of viruses in the installers. This includes any full installer such as 1.4L-onward.

Power Board

Quote from: Launch on November 01, 2008, 11:50:36 AM
Or you could get up-to-date and get the latest installer and server  :-o
1.4N
BZF servers.dat
Brought to you by The Battlezone Federation.

How many people use this?

You also might be running into your firewall popping up behind the game and asking if it's all right for BZ to connect to the internet.

So... make sure your firewall is set to allow BZ to both talk and act as a server.

-Av-

Loki

Quote from: SkyNET on November 01, 2008, 03:11:23 PM
Do a virus scan of any full copy of BZ1 you find though, as there have been reports of viruses in the installers. This includes any full installer such as 1.4L-onward.

I have tested all the version out to date and there are no viruses in any of these.

1.4 L, 1.4 M, or 1.4 N.   

Compwiz does not allow links to these on here though due to complaints to his host so If you would just link to your site instead of the actual download it would not cause any problems for him.  Otherwise this post will probably be deleted.

Launch

Everything that goes on the BZF site has been game tested and scanned for any viruses or it wouldn't be there to begin with. I removed the full version games because I couldn't live with myself if somebody had a stroke worrying about it.

[links removed]

Enjoy - Launchalot
http://bzfederation.com
Taking Battlezone to a new level ...

Red Devil

Is this pirated software?  If so, the post will be deleted and the poster banned.
What box???

Launch

Why don't you have a look yourself rather than take the word of some ding-a-ling. Typical.
Taking Battlezone to a new level ...

Steeveeo

BZ1 1.4 links are somehow considered warez by Cmptrwz's host because they contain a noCD method of loading. The last person who posted a link to it caused some dipwad to complain to this forum's host provider and ALMOST got this site shut down. The poster was banned and the post deleted.

So yeah, dont do that :P

(Oh and if some moderator would edit that out of Power Board's post, that would avoid all issues :P)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Sonic

The issue last I checked was a small piece of Intellectual Property inside those installers that someone owned who hates CmptrWz. As such they declared that no site run by or hosted by CmptrWz may host/link to the installer.

A warning to Launch and anyone else, do NOT link to the BZ1 installer again.

Edit:
Damnit Red Devil, you edited my edit! :P
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Nielk1

So, sites not run by CmptrWz can?
* Nielk1 goes to work on BZ1 section of BZComplex wiki for the first time.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

So... what was that thing and who was it?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...