• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Armory

Started by Ego - Nikolas, November 01, 2008, 06:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ego - Nikolas

As you may know, some armory weps are missing, but still they are used and found in dm maps.

Some of weapons come with factory olny, but it cant come from armory when factory is up.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Ego - Nikolas on November 01, 2008, 06:30:11 AM
As you may know, some armory weps are missing, but still they are used and found in dm maps.

Some of weapons come with factory olny, but it cant come from armory when factory is up.

Ok those weapons are supposed to be for DM only.

Is it that some weapons come from the factory, but not from the armory?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Warfreak

how can you NOT understand him....

" some weapons that SHOULD be in the armory are missing from the armory, yet the maps that feature these weapons still spawn them.
  Also, some weapons NEED the factory in order to be built (im guessing you can only switch the weapons with the inferface and attach them to units prebuild?), they can't   
  be built from the armory as crates for some reason."'

Was that what you were getting at Ego? also, 1.3pb4 right? If not i need to seriously reinstall whichever version you were using, cause i don't remember that problem, ever.

Nielk1

I normally don't understand Ego, but he was rather clear this time.

DM weapons are made specifically for DM because they would unbalance normal play. They could still be in a recycler variant if use 1.3pb4a.

I have not noticed and factory console added weapons missing from the armory, but I see they could be.
If you mean some don't require the armory, I think that was done on purpose to allow some minor customization pre-armory.

Click on the image...

Ego - Nikolas

Like that weapon is not in armory.
Since even 1.2 didnt got this in armory..
1.3 got that in armory?

SkyNET

I don't think any of the DM weapons are in 1.2 or 1.3, not even any variants. I put them in my BZRAP EDF variant, but I still need to review the zip file, as some non-BZ related stuff was included by mistake.

cheesepuffly

Im sorry ego, i atleast could not understand you. Sorry

Oh and you cannot drop a hornet rocket, only customize it in the factory.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Ah, I was right about what he said.

It was not added for balance reasons, but it can easily be done in 1.3pb4a even post release because of the autoreg system for recycler variants. It would be a mod that would drop in (like maps do) and then anyone with it (like maps) would be able to use it on any STRAT or MPI map.

Personally, I think they should be in the insane variant because that one puts balance out the window.

BTW Ego, thank you for the topic, you can talk about things here :D . Hopefully you can post more here and repair any bad feelings people have about you.

Click on the image...

Ego - Nikolas

Thats not my fault what ppl feel abaut me. But it was past of others, moustly.

Why not include all weps what we are still missing.

General BlackDragon

GSH/Nathan wanted to keep most things "stock" stock. You could make a recycler varient and add those weapons to it. fairly easy.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

FYI Cheesepuffly, hornets can be dropped (they come with FAF missiles, like the comet cruise comes with TAG's.)

however, you now have to get the weapon TWICE in bz2 1.3pb4 if you want both out the same box, which i dislike...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SkyNET

I fixed that in my variant, mini-comets and hornets have a seperate assault version than the standard. This also makes them compatible with Scions.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 01, 2008, 05:44:30 PM
FYI Cheesepuffly, hornets can be dropped (they come with FAF missiles, like the comet cruise comes with TAG's.)

however, you now have to get the weapon TWICE in bz2 1.3pb4 if you want both out the same box, which i dislike...

Oh, didnt know that.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!