• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4A Bug: Value Minimum Limit

Started by Steeveeo, November 10, 2008, 10:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

As I started porting SRV to PB4a, I noticed strange anomalies while editing my ODFs.

Namely, a bunch of effect settings didnt trigger unless they were over a certain value, even though it should work perfectly fine! It started with my Geyser test, using a small kick with little kickomega to launch the vehicle in the air. I found that, if the kick radius was 10 or less, the vehicle would not be effected at all when being hit, whereas if it were above ten (like 11, or maybe even 10.01), the vehicle began to be kicked.

I have also found this in a number of other things, I'll make a list and keep it updated with my findings as I go along. I have found no fix for this, and its keeping some of my ODFs from working correctly (like a new WIP weapon, which is a popper, that will only trigger if its scanrange is over 520, which is way too high for the needed effect).

LIST:

- Flaremine Kick: needs to be >10 to work.
- Popperclass: scanrange needs to be >520, launchangle seems to have no effect right now.

Will keep this updated as I find new issues (and remember all the ones I have already found :P).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

What? BZC uses kick radiuses of like 1 - 5 and they work fine.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Maybe he made a mistake like making an Bomber Bay spawn a Bomber Bay on top of it :P

Mind you, I can't really talk, I screw up simple constructors :-D

Steeveeo

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 10, 2008, 01:27:58 PM
What? BZC uses kick radiuses of like 1 - 5 and they work fine.
Try kickradius=10 on a flaremine, doesnt work for me.

Nielk1

Ya try 1e1? :-P

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

i find it annoying how health values are the same as ammo costs for mines. would be nice if that was changed...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

As to the kick radius value issue, is the radius enough to actually touch the hovering vehicle's bounding box (or bubble)?  For that matter, does the code use the bounding box or the vehicle pivot?  Hmmm...

-Av-

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 11, 2008, 07:28:03 AM
i find it annoying how health values are the same as ammo costs for mines. would be nice if that was changed...

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 10, 2008, 07:51:35 PM
Sie sind ein kleines nublet!  :lol:

I agree, as I use dispenser mines for a lot of uses and would often like them to be stronger than their ammo cost...

-Av-

Was zum Teufel ist ein nublet?

General BlackDragon

i think it uses bounding box/bubble.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Avatar on November 11, 2008, 07:56:16 AM
As to the kick radius value issue, is the radius enough to actually touch the hovering vehicle's bounding box (or bubble)?  For that matter, does the code use the bounding box or the vehicle pivot?  Hmmm...

-Av-
yes, as being right on top of the thing should be close enough. Didnt even effect a pilot.

General BlackDragon

gimme the files, i'll see if i can fix it

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

AHadley

TheJamsh