• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can these be made WITHOUT releasing a new 1.3 patch?

Started by AHadley, November 11, 2008, 09:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Yeah... basically, I want to put this lot in a mod, or a global patch, or... something... and I want to know if it's possible. And I want ideas, too, I don't have much. Here's a list...

Camouflaged Team Colours (as seen in ZST - selectable through a dialog box in IA and MP, much like recycler variant)

More realistic scrap pieces (simple model switch - reflective silver blob to 'ship bits', makes it look more like bits of blown apart ships - thanks to TJ for the idea)

Battlezone 2 Bonus Missions (ZTV: The Journey [with permission, of course] and Battlezone 2 Demo Mission converted to IA so they can be played whenever)

General BlackDragon

all that stuff is relatively easy (okay, very easy)

Except the selectable unit skins would probably have to be done before u launch the game via swapping out files. Or via different models. you could control it also via alternate models and recy/vehicle varients, but thats also a wee bit of work. Or Via DLL like ZST did, but that'd need someone like OM, RD, Fish, Av, etc, to do it. I could theoretically if i learned how and how to export the dll :-/

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Well, I've just asked ZA to show me the DLL they did it with in ZST. On a side note, would this work with 1.2 and 1.3, or just 1.3?

Red Devil

The ZTV missions are already in the process of being made compatible.
What box???

Zero Angel

Quote from: AHadley on November 11, 2008, 10:27:30 AM
Well, I've just asked ZA to show me the DLL they did it with in ZST. On a side note, would this work with 1.2 and 1.3, or just 1.3?
I don't know how it was done in ZST, you would need the source code or a good decompiler to find out, or you could try contact Zeeder for that part of the source. --  OM would probably know what code you would need to customize team colors.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

As do I. What kind of customization do you want? I have some more complicated code for single side local to player team color settings.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I heard what you said over at BZ2MD about that, it sounds cool. So long as the colour each player chooses is seen on each other player's screen, and two teams cannot have the same colour, is that what you mean?

Any chance you could send me a copy so I can have a look?

Nielk1

The code currently has all team colors local, so I can't see yours and you cant see mine. There was a fall back to use the server's settings if not chosen, and the defaults if the server selected 'use server'. I can easily code it so instead, it checks for a player's personal color instead and then failing that go for the server's set and fail that to the default.

Or I can make it less complex.

Click on the image...

AHadley