• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Activision doesnt want your one-hit wonder!

Started by Steeveeo, November 12, 2008, 01:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

No, I mean YR... don't I?  At least, that's what the bonus disk that came with First Decade said.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

SkyNET

The only thing I didn't like about YR was the usual cheese, and the Hero units. Tanya was always a bit OP, Boris was insanely so, and Yuri Prime could capture BUILDINGS. You could sell off whole bases with YP, and combined with a cloning vat? Also, Yuri's navy sucks, and Kirovs are still too powerful.

This is exactly why I say the future lies in talented, motivated fans modding an existing engine.  BZ will live again in a new engine some day, I so swear...

-Av-

OvermindDL1

Yea, the only games I really play anymore are open-source (TASpring and such), Indie (Multiwinia and such), Valve (their games are polished to a sheen, as well as coming out with a few originals, like Portal), and old (Duke3D still has an atmosphere you just cannot get anymore).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

SkyNET

Duke3d is pure concentrated awesome.

Try the Zerohour mod. It's fantastic, just watch out for the giant spiders :P

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 12, 2008, 03:18:24 PM
I can't wait to have the portal gun in GMOD. I think I have to wait for HL2EP3 and its incarnation of the source engine though. Lets hope Gordon gets it off the Borealis.

The portal gun is already available on the GMod website download page. It's available through the menus list and is selectable in the '1' slot. It causes my PC to bluescreen sometimes (or was that a different version?) but GMod does that anyway

Nielk1

Note, that is a crappy mockup. A true portal gun duplicated the world on the other side of the portal, hence making it a lot less buggy.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Yep, played ZeroHour.  Played a ton of mods.  Did a bit of modding.  I even managed to play a few games with 3 others on that one special multiplayer map version of the last boss level of the level Queen (we just do not have stuff like that anymore either...).  Fun game.

And yea, the GMod engine right now is OrangeBox, Portal is not OrangeBox (yes yes, I know it came in the orange box, but it does not use the OrangeBox engine).  We will have to wait for the Ep3 engine for that.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

Nielk1

OM, look up 'Rock Patch 2" for some interesting stuff for RA2YR and TS.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I didn't word that too well... I don't mean the actual portal gun, and I know it's a mockup, but still, it works well enough until it's actually available.

SkyNET

Moddability is RA2's only redeeming feature. RPatch was neat, added a load of new features.

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on November 15, 2008, 05:18:49 AM
I didn't word that too well... I don't mean the actual portal gun, and I know it's a mockup, but still, it works well enough until it's actually available.

No, no it barely works at all.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

The Portal Gun mod in UT2k4 (came out before Portal by the way) even showed what was on the other side, but it was still an instant transport-on-touch, no seamless passing through like Portal does, but still better then the GMod version (and you could ever size it smaller or larger, which controlled what was able to pass through or not).

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 15, 2008, 11:33:32 AM
No, no it barely works at all.

Hmm. Worked for me. We must be on different versions or something. It's fun pushing Hunters through those things, they make a weird noise when they land on their heads.