• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How good is YOUR vision?

Started by Steeveeo, November 15, 2008, 09:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

Green is not a primary color. :)

Computers are ruining us!

Angstromicus

A buddy of mine says there are seven primary colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violent.

However, though, waves of light are just waves of light. There are an infinite number of shades between each primary colors which are non-dependant on adjacent colors, but, rather, the wavelength of the photon itself and its interaction with devices that encode the information into an understandable format.

We a primary colors each type of color-detecting cone in the eye that detects color. All males have a maximum of three cones, so they really see three colors. These are the primary colors for them. A few females, however, have four cone types (I believe these are in the orange range),  So they see four colors. Fortunately, people can see many hues in between these primary colors. Most people can see, on average, about a million hues. The few females who have that extra cone (and provided that it's correctly developed), can see about a hundred million hues. However, that's nothing to the 12 color cones that stromatopods have  :-o.

I wonder when biotechnology for eye replacements will become advanced enough to top that. Would be cool to see more colors, I guess :-P.

CivBase

I got a 21 :lol:

I suppose this has something to do with the fact that I have 20/100 vision...

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Avatar on November 16, 2008, 11:50:06 AM
(running joke at work, for Men there is no 'magenta', or 'chartruse', there's only Red, Green, Blue... )

Lol :D

*****General BlackDragon*****

Angstromicus

Quote from: CivBase on November 16, 2008, 12:28:18 PM
I got a 21 :lol:

I suppose this has something to do with the fact that I have 20/100 vision...

My vision is probably like that as well. I have Astigmatism. Though, I took the test using a monitor with a 102% gamut rating in a totally dark room (You'd be hard pressed to find a consumer monitor with more accurate color reproduction than the 305T Plus).

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

† Trinity †

QuoteYou have perfect color vision!
FM Hue Test Results

Not bad for someone on the wrong side of 30.

BTW...

QuoteI have 20/10 version (double better then what is considered perfect)

Perfect is actually closer to 20/08. 20/20 is what is considered "average or normal". As such you can see the same detail at 20 feet that someone with "normal" vision can see at 10 feet. Still pretty good :)

OvermindDL1

Quote from: † Trinity † on November 16, 2008, 03:24:12 PM
Perfect is actually closer to 20/08. 20/20 is what is considered "average or normal". As such you can see the same detail at 20 feet that someone with "normal" vision can see at 10 feet. Still pretty good :)
It might be better, the 20/10 is only the lowest the person tested at.  Although I am quite certain my vision is getting worse as I get older.  I should have it tested again, all of my family requires glasses to see so it would be odd if I was the odd one out in that regard, considering how prevalent it is...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

AHadley

Quote from: Angstromicus on November 16, 2008, 09:36:47 AM
Excellent. AHadley believes me and is so relieved that he had the giggles.

*Awards AHadley a cookie*

Ooh, free cookie!

And the best part is that he didn't notice the sarcasm! :D
Quote from: OvermindDL1 on November 16, 2008, 04:05:53 PM
All of my family requires glasses to see so it would be odd if I was the odd one out in that regard, considering how prevalent it is...
Yeah, same here.