• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multilock missiles

Started by Zero Angel, November 18, 2008, 03:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Multilock missiles aren't the most well designed weapons in BZ2 for various reasons:

1) Multilock missiles lose their lock too easily, unlike shadowers which retain their lock even when the player has turned away from the target.
2) Its often more effective to fire single lock shots from the multilock missile because if the target moves out of the narrow cone range than ALL of the locks are lost.
3) Multilock is a rather weak weapon. Shadower missiles do more damage if two similar foes were to face each other and fire until the other one is destroyed.

Therefore, I propose that multilock be made to keep its lock even when the enemy turns out of its cone radius and locking distance, just like is done with shadowers.

This would fix a glaring weakness with multilock missiles and make it so that rec variant makers can balance them in to be at least somewhat useful.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

I agree, been working on a new-improved multi-lock but too many chagnes for a PB4b/5 patch13.pak install.

Scion missiles have always been a little too weak, i think its down to only the lancer using them, and you have to admit that the swarmer sort of makes up for it... i think maybe multi-locks shud be equipped on lancers as standard, reduce cost by 5 scrap, and increase cone angle for AI to use well enough.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SkyNET

The FE multilock was way better than stock.

General BlackDragon

If you remove the locking cone angle, the missiles will keep their lock just like shadowers. Like this in the G file:

[MultiLauncherClass]
targetCount = 5
//loseAngle = 2.25

works wonders.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Thanks BD, I just assumed it was a flaw with the inherent design of the multilocker class -- not something that could be fixed via ODF.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

ZA as far as I know, there isn't anything special about the missiles themselves.  I'm sure you could have a multilock fire shadowers if desired.  I believe GBD is correct regarding the loseAngle being the cause.

AHadley

I think it's something more to do with each individual weapon than the class. Maybe it was deliberate, I've only ever used them in base assaults.

SkyNET

Multilocks are only useful for getting WASPs. I'm tweaking them for BZRAP, screw canon when canon is screwed.

Nielk1

BZRAP is cannon so far unless we add the Daleks :-P

I never did ask what was gan'na happen with the Hammer... Or the Puma (I consider the Puma one of the few cannon ISDF units other than those from FE, it is just so... right) (same with Uler's Scion Rapier).

I will ask on your BZRAP board later...

Click on the image...

AHadley

Fleshstorm, FE... anything from those mods and mods similar to them I count as canon.

And BTW, go into the FE editor and place object 'dalek'. Might give you a laugh... it doesnt have a pilot though. Nice little easter egg probably added by our friend Twosheds.

General BlackDragon

that model was made by lizard i believe.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

*raise eyebrows*

Why, though  :lol:

TheJamsh

yeh was Lizard, and im pretty sure that was in there from the start though :S? or at least the 1.2 patch?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SkyNET

I don't count anything non-BZ2 as canon. BZRAP is canon relative to mods however, except for balance-usefulness tweaks. Hammer will be included in an FE variant.

AHadley

Will that include the other stuff developed during FE, like the X-47? (was that the right name? can't remember, im no good with these codenames)