• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Physics 'problems' in PB4a

Started by TheJamsh, November 20, 2008, 03:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

I noticed in PB4 that braking and water-avoidance are still pretty poor with vehicles, particularly of the tracked type.

I also would request that walkers walking underwater be removed? it sort of removes certain strat elements of the game. i think a 'Walker UnderWater' recycler variant would be a better idea, as surely "Default Without Empty Scouts" should be as close to the original game-play as possible?

Not complaining as such, just think it would be a better way to go about it. AI Water-Avoidance for tracked vehicles needs a boost too if you ask me.

Also, i noticed this rather silly thing yesterday during an IA game. It seems that the AI only attacks you if you attack it first, even within its engage range. I noticed yesterday that it was stupidly easy to pass three titans as they marched to death at the front of my base. I think AI should be a bit more hostile, as i dont think three titans would allow a tank to pass them heading for there base. It seems only if i collide with them or they sustain damage because of me that they seem to notice im there. Pilots need a burst of stimulants or something  :lol:

In short, i just think AI piloting is a bit lax, needs a human-boost of some description.

Oh and a 'hovercraftoverwaterspeed = ##' ODF entry would be awesome =D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

I believe a decision was made near the end of testing that some of the ai should stay on target. I'm sure it's in the changelog somewhere.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Steeveeo

Seconded on the overwaterspeed entry, make some nice boats that way ;)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

Those are pathing issues not physics issues.

The ai don't seem to path very well whatsoever.  Once you get enough obstacles or give the ai an order, Go To, Attack, etc, they try to go from their point of origin to their destination ignoring all obstacles.  It gets worse if the path they would follow gets more complicated.

Steeveeo

Can the Scout AI at least be reverted? I dont really appreciate it when my scout is told to stay still and it goes running off, or when its being ripped apart by a squad of maulers and ignores direct move orders.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

the main problem, is that when told to attack they dont take their targets position into account as they are moving. they also have problems when groups of units 'bunch up' when told to attack buildings and continually miss targets.

can/will it be fixed at all?

Nielk1

A small note, changing terrain grid size badly hurts pathing when water is concerned, if that is your issue with pathing.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

nope, nothing to do with it. just general PB4 use