• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Working on XP

Started by undead_knight, November 30, 2008, 04:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undead_knight

How dou you get it to run on XP?
It plays up untill the end of the first mission, then "unhandleable error"
I've found places how to but it doesnt work and/or lacks information.
(the 1.4(?) patch wont install cause it doesnt find and old version or someing(will update later)

Thanks
Dan

Mr. Spock

General BlackDragon

If you're running off a stock CD install, 1: remove or rename the "anims" folder that is located in the battlezone folder. 2: Remove or rename the .cur files in the battlezone folder. 3: If you don't have the 1.4 patch, or for some strange reason can't find a way to install it, download one of the multiple full installers marked BZ1.4 followed by a letter. These come with the patch installed. There is also a good mod/updated exe build called BZE, although it operates on a different server then stock BZ.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Works on XP SP2 straight out of the box for me.

Power Board

All I had to do was find out what Video Card I had. Then pasted the bzplayer/config into the bz2 folder

Bort

I'd suggest editing your render.cfg file so it's appropriate for your card.

By default, if you're not sure, turn all the pre-load options off by placing a ; in front of those lines.
Turn MipMaps off by doing the same to that line also.