• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Easter Eggs

Started by AHadley, December 11, 2008, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataanti

i cant remember it was years ago and N1 reminded me of it

Power Board

So Paramatic Studios do have a sence of humor  :lol:

Steeveeo

Quote from: Power Board on December 15, 2008, 04:28:05 PM
So Paramatic Studios do have a sence of humor  :lol:
Paramatic? You mean Pandemic? :?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

technoid

I can't recall, but I think that is Wil Stahl's kid, in photo and singing.

Another simple known easter egg:  Type "iam" (without quotes) in the console.  I'm sure everyone's done that. 

Power Board

Quote from: Steeveeo on December 15, 2008, 08:04:58 PM
Paramatic? You mean Pandemic? :?
Umm... Yeah
Quote from: technoid on December 15, 2008, 10:08:20 PM
I can't recall, but I think that is Wil Stahl's kid, in photo and singing.

Another simple known easter egg:  Type "iam" (without quotes) in the console.  I'm sure everyone's done that. 
It wont crash my computer, will it?

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Power Board on December 15, 2008, 10:32:56 PM
Umm... YeahIt wont crash my computer, will it?

Yeah. And it'll wipe your harddrive, then make your keyboard electrofied at 240 volts and then it will make your monitor explode and it will suck you into the PC and spin-dry you in the CD drive for 6 hours.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Power Board

Quote from: bigbadbogie on December 15, 2008, 10:40:10 PM
Yeah. And it'll wipe your harddrive, then make your keyboard electrofied at 240 volts and then it will make your monitor explode and it will suck you into the PC and spin-dry you in the CD drive for 6 hours.
I'm not dumb or am I?

Anyway, that command does nothing

technoid

Quote from: Power Board on December 15, 2008, 10:41:49 PMAnyway, that command does nothing
Well yes it does something, it shows the name of one of the programmers. Hence, an easter egg.  Don't mind BBB, his information is wrong, i.e. it's 5 hours, not 6, for the CD spin dry.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Power Board

Quote from: technoid on December 15, 2008, 11:13:46 PM
Well yes it does something, it shows the name of one of the programmers. Hence, an easter egg.  Don't mind BBB, his information is wrong, i.e. it's 5 hours, not 6, for the CD spin dry.
Well, I'm not in the drive yet...
*BANG*ARRRRRRRRRRRG!

Steeveeo

Well, 3 hours ago I tried it...I must say, after 45 minutes, the dizziness just turns into a trancelike state and...and...uh....does anyone smell something burni---oh god...OWOWOWOW! SOMEONE CANCEL THE CD WRITE!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

Feared_1

Still waiting for that "X marks the spot" on the singing tree.

Also, can someone explain to me the picture of dev's son?

Dataanti

i think it was just a test that they had at the time and they took some random pic file and put as a texture just for a test, same as the song i think thats just a sound test, I looked through stock files in the .pak and i couldnt find a tree that makes the song so I dont know were i got the idea of it being there, i would go through the map in the editor but i cant get to it on my PC cause i cant use the ~ key

GSH

Data - you're wrong again. Please don't bother posting until you verify your comments have some factual basis in reality. Thank you.

-- GSH