• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Easter Eggs

Started by AHadley, December 11, 2008, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I was trawling through data.pak the other day, and discovered two maps I hadn't used before...

BZ2001.bzn
demo01.bzn

BZ2001 seems to cause a massive (and I mean massive) crash, which opens the error log at least twenty times (enough to take the alt-tab window to three rows) and then completely locks up the system, whilst demo01 is a replica of the BZ2 demo map - complete with rocket tank, spire, guardians, and weapons... though there are no mission-specific objects (probably because I loaded it in PB4a editor which disabled the DLL).

I know you guys have discovered them before, but I just wanted to ask if these maps have ever actively been enabled or used in standard play before, and just generally ask about any other easter eggs you guys may have been found.

I already know about the singing tree and the son's photo, by the way.

Feared_1

:-o

Easter Eggs? Photo? Singing trees? Hidden maps? I never knew about this before... can someone make a list for me? :D

*runs to Pak Explorer and fires up BZ2*

AHadley

They work best in 1.2, I think. Ill add you on MSN if I can and walk you through it :lol:

Nielk1

There is an incomplete comet for Pluto with an ice ball gun in the data.pak

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Feared_1

Can someone please tell me how to find all of these? :O

I've never known about any of them, and they sound FUN!

AHadley

For the tree, look up Brad Pickering on BZComplex. It's somewhere in the mission where you have to rescue Shabayev, and it sings Itsy Bitsy Spider... I think.

TheJamsh

wtfi never found that haha?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Nor did I, I didn't know about any of these either until the other day. I discovered the maps while looking through the .pak for something else.

Dataanti

Power Board

Quote from: Dataanti on December 14, 2008, 04:24:54 PM
my story is in this picture of itsy bitsy spider http://www.bzcomplex.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=299&fullsize=1

Woah! Its a little kid singing it! Is this actually in a mission or is it something Paramatic Studios put in there randomly?

AHadley

It's the mission on Mire where you rescue Shabayev and capture the Alchemator... I think.

Nielk1

I await confirmation of the singing tree.

Click on the image...

Feared_1

There are a lot of places on a map... maybe more specific? :P

bigbadbogie

Maybe a birdseye of the level with a drawn location?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com