• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For those that perhaps might be interested in zst.

Started by Ac/dc, December 17, 2008, 09:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ac/dc

Prior to playing zst strats, I mostly played mpi's, and now that I play zst strats, i find mpi's (in all patches) extremely boring.

- When I first started playing zst strats, I got kicked a fair few times, and theres no denying that some vets are plain assholes who never let new players in. However, there were still plenty of hosts that let me in.

- The factor of flying has been a controversial and component of 1.2 and has turned many people off playing zst. Many of the current 1.3 players have said that they dont like it because they get "owned" by people exploiting the bug. You must understand that it takes practice to be good at anything.

- Its a fact that many of the 1.2 players were hesitent to try 1.3 and a small amount refused to try it at all. The 1.3 players have on many occasions suggested to 1.2 players to "just try it", and theres nothing wrong with that, trying to populate the new patch. But perhaps the 1.3 players should do the same, and just try some zst games.

If I stayed with playing mpi's, I dont believe my enjoyment of Battlezone 2 would have lasted as long as it will playing zst strats. Yall can make up your mind as to whether you get the best online experience from mpi's.

If anyone wants to give it a try, the update can be found here:
Snip.....
The all in one can be found here:
Snip.....

Heres the zst map packs:
Snip.....
and here is the latest mega 3 mappack:
Snip.....

Edited by CmptrWz's auto link snipper v0.1. Reason given: Illegal link to BZ2 installer in post.

Nielk1

I suggest anyone who has not tried ZST try it :-P

Took long enough for a post to FINALLY show up here about it.

I'd like to point out that those telling you to just try 1.3 DID TRY ZST and some even play it regularly.

Oh, and to point out, I hate flying, but I am pretty darn good at it. I prefer to do strategy building bases. ZST makes flying a bit more fair, and helps to allow the user to play some fast paced FPS action. I myself still prefer base building and controlling large armies.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Thank you, Ac/Dc.  That was very well said.  Have you tried ZST in 1.3 yet?
What box???

Nielk1

You really should point out that this is more FPS based because it involves flying. You failed to mention the best part about ZST, and that is that turrets can shoot at flying players.

Click on the image...