• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Merry Christmas: IA\MPI: GH Snowman Version 1.3G Released.

Started by GreenHeart, December 25, 2008, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZSubmaximal

is how long it has been since I uploaded, downloaded or added anything (except PB4a) to my BZ 2....

But...I DL'd the map.....where do I extract it too?

I know..I know...yeah yeah..i used to know all this stuff..but hell..by now...I'm older than most of your fathers..so...

Commando

Just extract it to your root bz2 folder.  The zip should extract the map to the correct location.

GreenHeart

How long the map lasts will highly depend on if you decide to get the presents near the christmas tree &\or wug's aip set.  
This map is 256 by 256 which means its alot smaller than any previous map i've created & also means the harder the aip set you use the faster the attacks should hit your pools & base.

Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

GreenHeart

Uploaded Snowman version 1.3G to add a proformance tweak so those running slower systems don't crash when the christmas tree is destroyed.  This required afew assets changes fixed the issue. 

This should be the final version unless more bugs are found.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Red Devil

Shouldn't this go under maps13 instead of under addon?
What box???

GreenHeart

Quote from: Red Devil on January 10, 2009, 12:48:31 PM
Shouldn't this go under maps13 instead of under addon?

If you don't like where i'm presetting the location then feel free to move them to a new location on your pc.
Signature:

GreenHeart

Until i'm ready to re-upload the compression file, you can deal with it by moving the files around. Right now i'm abit busy with something else that i consider more important.
Signature:

Commando

I'm suggest continuing to put custom maps in addon.  That way you don't have to hunt down custom maps within your stock maps to remove them.

GreenHeart

I've learned that lession the hardway. I already lost one new map after i hit the delete on the old map13 folder after upgrading the patch.   The bad part was i also was keeping the psd source code i used in with that folder. :-(
Signature:

Nielk1

Could add another folder and tweak the CFG.

EDIT: The point of the Maps13 folder was to be able to kill all maps in a mod so only mod maps would show. I do think you should put it there whenever releasing for this reason. For future maps/releases.

Click on the image...

GreenHeart

When i get time later i'll fix the zip as stated 2 posts above.  The maps on my pc will however stay where i put them so i can keep them seperate from stock maps. 

Signature: