• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Merry Christmas: IA\MPI: GH Snowman Version 1.3G Released.

Started by GreenHeart, December 25, 2008, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHeart

I know i'm abit late to say Merry Christmas however i've been working hard to get this map released for Christmas.

The new map called 'IA\MPI Snowman V1.3G can be found on Bzcommand's Download Section.

Enjoy the new map & let me know if i missed any bugs caused by that map...

P.S. Don't forget to look under the Christmas Tree on that map.

EDIT: Uploaded New version to fix afew issues.

EDIT2: Added tweak to christmas tree for proformance on slower systems. 

Please post the version that your playing in the server message until everyone upgrade.
(this should be the last version unless something else comes up).
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Steeveeo

I helped! ^_^

Downloading the finished product, I cant wait to blow up the tree! >:D

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

GreenHeart

Uploaded Version1.1b:   Fixed type o & presents now spawn.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Dataanti

YAY TY SANTA  :wink: im gonna make a new years map but i need to remember it first, i was planning to make a x mas map but i forgot :(

Dataanti

OMG I LUV THE FIRE WORKS!!!!! ITS JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR X_MAS GBD HOW DID U KNOW

but this map is really hard, 1 of the hardest

GreenHeart

Quote from: Dataanti on December 26, 2008, 11:35:48 AM
This map is really hard, 1 of the hardest

Their is a few pieces of repawning scrap out in the field that re-appears every so often.  If everyone thinks this map is too hard then i'll can add a second base pool since their is no room anywhere else.

Note: AI seemed to protect the christmas tree area in version 1.0, so beware when going near the christmas tree. 
Signature:

Axeminister

Right after I extracted this map to root dir (1.3pb4a)I went to launch a mpi. But the game just kept searching for sessions. I finally clicked cancel to change my mind and run an IA game,, and my pc froze. I had to turn off the power to my pc. But when I booted up and just ran an IA the map ran fine and I beat it on easy. Afterwards I restarted pb4a and went to mltiplayer and it found sessions and ran fine. I only mention this because pb4a never did this to me before the map. I love the map though.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GreenHeart

I haven't encountered any problems with launch this map so far & i'm starting to like this map myself.
Signature:

Centerline

I just grabbed the map and I'm getting these errors in my battlezone.log:

ERR |         EntityClass:455  |15:16:59|1003426|ERROR: Object "fireblueGBD.odf" has no valid class label
ERR |         EntityClass:455  |15:16:59|1003433|ERROR: Object "firegreenGBD.odf" has no valid class label

Centerline...

GreenHeart

Quote from: Centerline on December 26, 2008, 02:32:05 PM
I just grabbed the map and I'm getting these errors in my battlezone.log:

ERR |         EntityClass:455  |15:16:59|1003426|ERROR: Object "fireblueGBD.odf" has no valid class label
ERR |         EntityClass:455  |15:16:59|1003433|ERROR: Object "firegreenGBD.odf" has no valid class label

Centerline...
ok, thanks

Those are just from the firework effects.

EDIT: Released version 1.3  (ChangeLog)
                 *Fixed math typo with random presents.
                 *Fixed fireworks error found in battlezone.log
                 *Added afew missing inf file.
Signature:

Commando

Feature request

1.  Have the dll spawn animals, based on what the player selects in the animal listbox, at specific pathpoints labeled "animal##" or "critter##" depending on which sounds better to whoever is tweaking the dll.  For example "animal01", "animal22".

2.  Have the spawn location of the animals randomized.

3.  Have an option to have respawning animals when one gets killed, it is replaced by a newly spawned animal of the same type.

4.  Place the animals on team 0 that way defenses will ignore them.  This way they can kill bunched up pilots on the map that get caught near the recycler or other structures.

5.  I would suggest giving the animals a limit of greater than 8 if it isn't hard-coded to 8.  Since MPI maps are typically large, a limit of 32 or 64 may be good.

Commando

I'd love to see support for at least two human teams in the dll, that might require GSH adding in support for a third textbox for team 3.  I don't know the vars used for the team list, I'll have to look into that late tomorrow when I get a chance.

Steeveeo

GAH! Just noticed this:

You spelled my name wrong every time you referenced me (that I have found)! :lol:

Its Steeveeo! Two double Es, not one double and a single...

EDIT: BTW, did you take out the scrooge-anchors...the don't stop the killer anymore...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

ScarleTomato

great map! Chain pickup AVes me though. Otherwise awesome!

GreenHeart

Uploaded New Version:  IA\MPI Snowman V1.3F (Note: Snowman is only for pb4\pb4a, including all previous versions)
Bzcommand's Download Section.
Signature: