• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Shell session

Started by hybirdisdf, January 02, 2009, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

I entered gamespy session and type play as isdf.The file said unknown,then i go ahead create my game.Im suprised that my name hybirdisdf change to player.But i dont understand in first place why it said unknown.<1.2 patch>What is the problem with console?Bad file?I havent yet found true confg 32 download file.I never had a problem previous long ago.For now it is strange problem going on since few yrs ago.I dont believe cause by reinstall.I blame on confg 32

Feared_1

Quote from: hybirdisdf on January 02, 2009, 02:49:03 PM
I entered gamespy session and type play as isdf.The file said unknown,then i go ahead create my game.Im suprised that my name hybirdisdf change to player.But i dont understand in first place why it said unknown.<1.2 patch>What is the problem with console?Bad file?I havent yet found true confg 32 download file.I never had a problem previous long ago.For now it is strange problem going on since few yrs ago.I dont believe cause by reinstall.I blame on confg 32

Where did you select play as ISDF? I don't know of any place in a multiplayer game where it asks you if you want to play as ISDF, you just select the ship of a certain race.

WHAT file said unknown? Can you be more specific please?

Your name changed to Player probably because you just played a Single Player mission or Instant Action game. That usually, for some reason, switches your nickname to Player when you go into multiplayer after a single player game.

Where did "config 32" come from? Is it relevant to this problem?

hybirdisdf

Quote from: OvermindDL1"comdlg32.ocx' is a pretty standard file that should be included on Win2k and higher, and with 98 and higher if Internet Explorer 4 is installed.  So I do not really know why are are missing it.  But yea, just goto one of the system file download sites and get it.  Yep, just checked, mine has been on my PC since windows was installed.  Here are some hashes for my file to make sure you downloaded a real one:
MD5:  6785B09FC2D286F88944718ACEE94B52
SHA-1:  4C975EB844E2F886F158520D109340C60DF3E021
SHA-512:  46A536F0A7515A041D44D6FF736428D589724109ECB7E22AD71662C1073D823906F8D1C89EFE4BF7BEA9A035721E939845349628B566786384B26187495BF206
Whichever you want, I can make about 30 different kinds...

I will try take a snapshot screen on gamespysession later this week or next

EDIT by OvermindDL1:  Fixed quote tags...

Axeminister

I just started a multiplayer game with the 1.2 patch and called the game Play as ISDF, and there was no problem.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

hybirdisdf

General BlackDragon

to play as the ISDF in single player, if u chose scion the first time, make a new login name at the starting screen named "play_isdf"

similarly for "play_scion"

:)

*****General BlackDragon*****

hybirdisdf

Quote from: General BlackDragon on January 03, 2009, 05:35:06 PM
to play as the ISDF in single player, if u chose scion the first time, make a new login name at the starting screen named "play_isdf"

similarly for "play_scion"

:)

Play as isdf become player itself automatic as u create the game.Not on login.

Nielk1

The way you are going about... whatever it is you are trying to do... is akin to punching your TV to make it play PS3 games when you do not even own a PS3.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

If you are trying to play single player if you had chosen the ISDF side and killed shabyev, instead of going with her, then when u login (select ur ingame name at beginning) create a new charachter named "play_isdf"

if you are trying to play as isdf in multiplayer, simply select an isdf ship.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Feared_1

Quote from: hybirdisdf on January 03, 2009, 05:23:08 PM

Quote from: hybirdisdf on January 03, 2009, 07:02:17 PM
Play as isdf become player itself automatic as u create the game.Not on login.

Wrong... go to the login screen and make a new profile, that is one of the (Empty) slots. Call that profile "Play ISDF" (no quotes -> "") to play the ISDF campaign, or call that new profile "Play Scion" (no quotes -> "") to play the Scion campaign. IF that's not what you're asking, you still need to be more clear. Are you trying to change your nickname in game?

Axeminister

They only way you can get that view is to open the console before you begin a multiplay game. And the only people that do this are people that want to hack the game before they start. If you don't know what you're doing then don't ask us how to hack the game for you. We all don't need to do this, The game isn't that hard anyway, why do you want to open the console anyway. I've been playing this game since 1999 and I've never put a cheat code or for that matter entered anything into the console. Just play the game.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

Axe, I open up the console regularly.  The console isn't only a cheater's tool.  Most of the cheats in the console are disabled in the console anyways.

English, people...  definately not his main language.  Give him credit for trying and keep advice simple, with pictures if you can.

Do this:

To play ISDF or SCION in the Single Player Missions.

-Av-

hybirdisdf

It is not about hack cheat code.Im talking about messy console.I mean my program gone weirdest.Im not interresting in cheat code.

Warfreak

AH, reread the first post.

Im assuming you are talking about the thing even saying it didnt know. Well, it doesnt know how to use "play" as a command.
The console is meant for debugging and such, only certain commands will go through as correct.

Also, to change your name ingame, start your server, then in the chat type /nick (new name here without the () )