• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

can someone?

Started by TheJamsh, January 02, 2009, 03:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

explain this a little more? that and lights mask? i really have no idea what to do with them whilst playing.

[GameObjectClass]
EffectsMask = 65535

and

[MorphTankClass]
MorphedEffectsMask = 65535

These are masks on what effects are allowable, with effect #1 being
in the lowest bit, effect #2 in the next lowest bit, etc. As there are
16 supported effects per object, 65535 is the decimal equivalent of
sixteen '1' bits. Note: min/max altitude for effects (see above) can
disable bits out of this, never enable any. Compiles, but pretty much
untested.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

Effects masks works off of a bitfield.

65535 = 1111111111111111

1 meaning enabled.  Each 1 corresponds to an effect hardpoint.  You have to convert those 1s, in binary, to standard decimal notation.

I believe binary uses the following.

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768

That 1st 1 = 1, the second 1 = 2, the third = 4, etc.  You add up all of those numbers to get the number you put in the odf.

If you only want the 1st hardpoint lit up, you use EffectsMask = 1, if you only want the last hardpoint lit up, you use EffectsMask = 32768.  If you want the first two, you use EffectsMask = 3 (1+2).  You understanding how it works?

TheJamsh

oh i get you...

surely the best way would be to tabb out the effect? or does it allow you to change it for morphtanks when they switch state?

Commando

EffectMask applies when a ship is not morphed.  There is a separate mask for when ships are morphed.  It works on the exact same principal.

Commando

Look above at the modlog.  It will hopefully help you with most of the settings added in 1.3.

TheJamsh

i see. hopefully the modlog has some more in-depth discussion about things such as these

Commando

If I need to go more in depth in areas, bring them up in the modlog thread.  If I understand enough about the setting, I will explain further.  A few of the physics settings I have no understanding of so someone else would need to explain.

TheJamsh

i might be able to help there.

ZA is the expert on physics (outside of GSH of course, seeing as he programs them), I have him on MSN and might consult him about a few if hes not busy and PM them to you.

Effect, Light, and Height masks are awesome... 

I suggest you first set up each effect or light, and then figure out where/when you want them to kick in/out.  Write it down as 1010011101, and then use Windows Calculator, an abacus, your fingers/toes, or some other utility to convert to decimal. 

Another set of amazingly useful settings are the LightsOff/OnEffectsMasks, which enables effects when the building is powered.

Very powerful stuff GSH has given us...

-Av-

Nielk1

Meanwhile I just wanted police lights when I requested that (light effect mask). Apparently it was rather difficult to add to, all praise to GSH the almighty! :-P

Click on the image...