• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Atomic teleportation... beam me up... about a meter away

Started by technoid, January 28, 2009, 12:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technoid

cheesepuffly

i actually thought a few years ago they could teleport. But meh, teleporting a human probably wont happen for a looooooooong time.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

The idea is less of teleportation and more Faster than Light information communication. In short, a super computer using Quantum Entanglement could be infinitely large but still be faster than any normal computer with the shortest lengths of wires.

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

And broadband to rural america (and rural anywhere) that is of better quality than some of the *best broadband availaible to anyone today! Imagine playing online games with anyone in the solar system, with 0ms latency :P.

*Edit

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Angstromicus on January 28, 2009, 04:02:39 PM
And broadband to rural america (and rural anywhere) that is of better quality than some of the broadband availaible to anyone today! Imagine playing online games with anyone in the solar system, with 0ms latency :P.

But then we couldnt make lag as an excuse, that would really suck.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

hybirdisdf

Its too dangerous for anybody who dare smuggle illegal weapons via teleport.I can smuggle counterfeit money to other country thur teleport.I wonder can sound can be heard right on teleport to distance countrys??Impossible?

AcneVulgaris

If it exceeds the speed of light, doesn't it get there before you send it?

Nielk1

No, the speed of light is slower than instantaneous. The idea is, the two atoms, no matter how far apart, act like they are the same atom. This might even explain psychic phenomenon in cases like twins!

Look on YouTube for Dr. Quantum and Quantum Entanglement.

Click on the image...