• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Things Wanted

Started by shane ward, February 01, 2009, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Well it has come to that time again where I will need help from anyone that is able to model for me...

As before I am not much of a modeller so making something like this myself would turn out to be a disaster, so I am hoping that there are some people with might want to make some buildings for me.

I have added some images on this post so you can get a general Idea on what I want, but basically I need several buildings, a chamber as the core, legs(1 leg more can be added in the editor) and a array cannon head and this is for the planet dark.

I would like the buildings to have rooms, but this is not necessary but one of the buildings will need rooms, as this is a control building where the player needs to enter to start the machine.

What is supposed to happen on this map is the player is supposed to trap an enemy heavy unit into one of the plasma chamber path, where a plasma bolt will then drag the unit into the core of the machine and the player will turn on the array cannon and fry the thing back to earth. This is the only way this unit can be killed.

Buildings and the array cannon can be done in sections as this will be easyer to use and I can use 1 building more than once. I am hoping to use Planet Dark textures but if you feel more better textures would make this look better, you are more then welcome to use your own.

Also, if you have any buildings that might suite this task that you have already made, then I am more then happy to use them. Just PM me or post the links here....

Hope this Idea has sparked someone's interest...

P.S - The array cannon is supposed to be an energy distubuton node that blasts unimaginable amounts of continues stream of energy once turned on down a shaft, and around the core are supposed to be flouting eggs that spin around when the device is turned on.

Thanks
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Warfreak

WHY must you post the most AMAZING "blueprint" when I am busy with other things.  :cry:

Im pretty sure someone can get this done, if anything ill try to get a core-ish building put together so that is one object off the list.

shane ward

I love sturing things up... ;)

This is just something that can be pached together while you are making or things, or if you have some model lying around that might fit the job, the buildings are not supposed to be great detail, just buildings hopefilly with some rooms, but the hardest would be the core....

Most of the core would be done by terrain, but I need buildings...

shane

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'll have a go at it, but have a couple of questions. Could the whole thing be done as one single structure or would it need to be done as several seperate structures? The largest building I've tackled so far is 64x64x64 meters. What are the aprox. demensions of this building group? Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

No, It will need to be in several seperate structures as the map might be diffrent and this facillity needs to be massive. I hope thats not a problem. As diffrent people can work on diffrent parts too, Just post what part you are doing ;)

I shouldent worry too much about the size, as I can change this in the odf once I have it

P.S It's a scion or Dark Building structure, not ISDF.... Kinda a alien structure in a way...

Shane

BNG Da BZ Fool

Considering you can use the geometryScale setting the entire structure can be built in a single scene SW, and all of the buildings glued together as one single object. I'll also send you the SCN file, but you'll need Truespace to read the file and edit it directly. Do you feel up to downloading TS 7.6? I would also suggest this to any other modeler that I might make models for in the future even if that's the only thing you use it for. Anyways, let me know one way or the other; a side benefit with TS 7.6 is that you can also import and export 3d MAX 3DS and ASC model files as well. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

I might try when I need a diversion from other things.

Can you supply an approx size for it? Perhaps overlay a grid? (I would suggest the major lines for each tile and 3 smaller lines inside to break it up into the lighter 8x8 meter terrain grid and the larger 32x32 building tile grid.

Show us that and we can likely do better. I mean, how massive are we talking? It decides the level of detail.

Click on the image...

shane ward

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on February 03, 2009, 01:20:23 PM
Considering you can use the geometryScale setting the entire structure can be built in a single scene SW, and all of the buildings glued together as one single object. I'll also send you the SCN file, but you'll need Truespace to read the file and edit it directly. Do you feel up to downloading TS 7.6? I would also suggest this to any other modeler that I might make models for in the future even if that's the only thing you use it for. Anyways, let me know one way or the other; a side benefit with TS 7.6 is that you can also import and export 3d MAX 3DS and ASC model files as well. BNG.

I should be able to edit the Scn files from deep exploration as it open all Truespace files before, and I used that program to make models for assimilation. If possible, try not to have all the objects moulded into one single object, the Idea is that one core stand can be copied four times in the editor and some of the buildings can be reused in the editor more then once it makes it easier on the person making the models... and the facility is mainly put to gather in the editor... But as I said, I should be able to work OK with truespace files.

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 03, 2009, 02:07:28 PM
I might try when I need a diversion from other things.

Can you supply an approx size for it? Perhaps overlay a grid? (I would suggest the major lines for each tile and 3 smaller lines inside to break it up into the lighter 8x8 meter terrain grid and the larger 32x32 building tile grid.

Show us that and we can likely do better. I mean, how massive are we talking? It decides the level of detail.

The core will be tricky, it depends on how big the hole will be.. I need the walker unit to fall down it and not get out, and the legs to rise over the hole to hold the core cannon directly above the middle. I think the whole core will be 6 times the size of the recycler.

As for the buildings that are around they are basic recy size and can be a little bigger, no terrain tiles are needed as they are buildings on dark that are alien, however I would like them to have rooms, windows and passages so the player can walk inside them. The important building is the control room, the room needs to be fairly large as this will hold the computers and other objects I will add once I have the buildings, do not worry about the computers unless you really want to do them, I just need the buildings with the room. The control room will need a large window so the player can see his handiwork once he turns the grinder on....  :evil:

What I will do is map out the ground and then export the xsi mold as a baseline to work on for the core... How's that ;)

Shane

shane ward

OK, I have made a mold of what the core terrain will look like so you all will have a baseline to how the core of the structure will be placed and how it will look. Please remember that the mold will not be part of the structure but the terrain will be made into this shape. It is just a guide.

The individual buildings will be scattered all around the hole, and further out the map range. Also I will need a kind of building to fit over the plasma chamber path but not block anything dragged down it...

The file is below, hope this inspires some ideas.

File Xsi Path: - ((File Removed, See my next post...))

Shane

BNG Da BZ Fool

SW, I don't see anything in the XSI file; copied, opened NPad, pasted, saved as swcore.xsi, but all I see is the bounding box in 3DEX minus any visual objects.

shane ward

Umm, Not sure whats going on in your end, I have no problems with the file....

Anyhow, I opened it and saved it as X format and reuploaded it for you.... Hopefully it should work for you......

Let me know

File Zip Link: - http://www.bzscrap.com/~shanesmods/files/coregrnd.zip

Nielk1

Click on the image...

shane ward

It may be best if the people that are working on this make a small list of parts they are working on so the same person does not do it again, unless they think they can do it better  :-D

Shane

Nielk1

I may attempt the main array.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

I got a basic set of models started including a simple array that I'm currently working on, but haven't finished yet. Here's a TS render to give you an ideal of the overall look of the entire structure. The builds are all hollow with an opening in each one. The Plasma room has more internal detail then any of the other buildings, but I can add more if that's what you want SW.