• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Selecting units and extracting game models

Started by adumbass, February 05, 2009, 06:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adumbass

So I recently reinstalled battlezone2, got the 1.3beta4 patch... and I can't select units in a group or select navs using the ~ key. I also can't select units in the battlezone classic mod using alt. Is there any way to fix this? It really sucks when you can't select individual units from a group that are not within your view. I would also like to know if it is possible to extract the vehicle models and textures from both battlezone 1 and 2 and get them into 3dsmax8. I want to remodel them and thought having the original models and textures in 3ds would be nice for reference.

bigbadbogie

You should be able to select units and navs with the ~ key.

Battlezone Classic has not yet been released, just the demo. That is missing many new features of BZC. I don't know if Alt will be used at all in BZC. It is more likely to just use the same command controls as BZ2.

If you want the BZ2 .xsi models, download this from bzscrap: http://www.bzscrap.com/downloads/Utilities/xsis.zip
There is an old program called 3d Exploration that can turn old .xsi files to .3ds.

I think there is a way to import bz1 models to max... check out this site: http://dummyworld.net/

There is also a BZ2 .xsi exporter for Max there.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

adumbass

Thanks for the help with the models, the sdf/vdf importers don't seem to work. I'm using the max2009 plugin from that site since there doesn't seem to be one for max8. About ~ key.. it doesn't seem to work at all when trying to select units or navs. I press it and nothing happens, I can still open the console by hitting Ctrl + ~ though...

Axeminister

go to options/controls and see if you somehow remapped the button.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

adumbass

Quote from: Axeminister on February 06, 2009, 06:10:57 AM
go to options/controls and see if you somehow remapped the button.

Well that worked.. but thats weird I didn't remap the key at all it was like this since I installed. Thanks for the help guys. The only thing that doesn't work now is the .sdf importer for bz1 but I probably just downloaded the wrong version.

Nielk1

There is a max 8 plugin IIRC, 2009 is NOT 8, nor is 2008 if it exists,

Click on the image...