• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ya gotta commend evolutionists

Started by cheesepuffly, February 06, 2009, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcneVulgaris

Maybe he's being water boarded for our sins.

Axeminister

Quote from: cheesepuffly on February 10, 2009, 06:11:39 PM
Uh you cant keep Jesus in a prison, unless that is he wants to be in there.

Then he must have wanted to be beaten and crucified. I don't think he did, because when he was on the cross he looked up to the sky and asked his father why he'd forsaken him.
You know, when I saw the Matrix I left the theater and looked up in the sky and thought, "oh man, that could actually be close".
There is no knowledge that is not power.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Axeminister on February 11, 2009, 02:17:10 PM
Then he must have wanted to be beaten and crucified. I don't think he did, because when he was on the cross he looked up to the sky and asked his father why he'd forsaken him.
You know, when I saw the Matrix I left the theater and looked up in the sky and thought, "oh man, that could actually be close".

Reworded it, i didnt exactly mean that.

And i do agree with you, he did ask his Father if he wanted, to let him not go through the crucifixion
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

The idea that there must have been a beginning only shows the limits of our minds.  That is, if someone says "There must have been a beginning to all things..." the correct answer is "Who says so???".  It's a human reaction to exposure to something we can't possibly understand any more than the amoeba living in your gut can understand the universe that is your body.

We scoff at the idea of a perpetual motion machine, while living inside of one...

My own personal view is that the Universe is alive, and I'm the amoeba living in it's stomach.  I have further discovered that there's no such thing as coincidence, meaning that I'm just a hair shy of believing in preordained fates for all things despite what's carved into the top of my picnic table. 

I've also found that Karma is real, you should trust me on this, so live your lives such that you won't come back as a cockroach in your next incarnation, if you get one...  Seriously, treat the universe as if it were watching you and reacting to what you do...  because it is.

And God doesn't like it when we talk about her panties...

:evil:

-Av-

Nielk1

Causality goes to hell in a quantum existence.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

@Av

The first part was good, then it kinda drifted out...

Amoeba can't think, build telescopes or calculate things. That is the difference.
Humans are not perpetual motion machines. We only last until we are broken or wear out like any other machine.
There is such thing as coincidence.
The reason that good or bad deeds reward or harm you is because people will like or dislike you for them... not because of Karma.

And God might like it when we talk about her panties... we can't exactly tell.   :lol:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Power Board

I just thought I'd let you guys know, God told the people who wrote the Bible what to write. What you guys think is that the Bible was made by a group of scientists who had nothing to do with their lives.

Lets look at 2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed
As I said before, God inspires the people who wrote the 66 books. Many of the people who wrote the Bible would have never knew eack other.

mrtwosheds

QuoteAmoeba can't think, build telescopes or calculate things.
Amoeba/bacteria don't need to think (neither do some people, apparently) don't have eyes to look though a telescope, but do calculate things, such as when to stop dividing or produce toxic defence/offence substances. small does not equate to simple, in many respects they are some of the most highly evolved organisms on this planet.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Avatar on February 12, 2009, 06:53:13 PM
The idea that there must have been a beginning only shows the limits of our minds.  That is, if someone says "There must have been a beginning to all things..." the correct answer is "Who says so???".  It's a human reaction to exposure to something we can't possibly understand any more than the amoeba living in your gut can understand the universe that is your body.

We scoff at the idea of a perpetual motion machine, while living inside of one...

My own personal view is that the Universe is alive, and I'm the amoeba living in it's stomach.  I have further discovered that there's no such thing as coincidence, meaning that I'm just a hair shy of believing in preordained fates for all things despite what's carved into the top of my picnic table. 

I've also found that Karma is real, you should trust me on this, so live your lives such that you won't come back as a cockroach in your next incarnation, if you get one...  Seriously, treat the universe as if it were watching you and reacting to what you do...  because it is.

And God doesn't like it when we talk about her panties...

:evil:

-Av-

God doesnt actually have a gender. But i guess people think of him better as a he than a she. Unless you watched that American Dad episode.
@Bogie Thats true but as sheds said, they do calculate things, sure they are just instinct but they still have brains.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

CmptrWz

Quote from: Power Board on February 13, 2009, 01:46:24 AM
I just thought I'd let you guys know, God told the people who wrote the Bible what to write. What you guys think is that the Bible was made by a group of scientists who had nothing to do with their lives.

Lets look at 2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed
As I said before, God inspires the people who wrote the 66 books. Many of the people who wrote the Bible would have never knew eack other.

Using the Bible to "prove" that god wrote or heavily influenced the Bible is just stupid.

Here, lets play that game. God told me to write this post, and everything in it.

Because my post says that god told me to write it, he did.

By your logic, because my post says so, it must be true.

Back to REAL logic and history, many of the books of the FULL Bible were destroyed, because royalty did not like what was in them. They presented the "wrong image" and all that. And the various parts of the Bible were written at different times, by different people, many of which are believed to have been collecting information from all over by word of mouth before putting it down in the books they were writing. Most of them probably weren't even going to become "part" of the Bible.

Now then, unless you can come up with a way to prove that "God" wrote or heavily influenced the Bible that does not loop back to "the Bible says so" I forbid you from arguing that here. You have now said it once, you do not need to repeat it.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: CmptrWz on February 13, 2009, 07:56:46 AM
Using the Bible to "prove" that god wrote or heavily influenced the Bible is just stupid.

Here, lets play that game. God told me to write this post, and everything in it.

Because my post says that god told me to write it, he did.

By your logic, because my post says so, it must be true.

Back to REAL logic and history, many of the books of the FULL Bible were destroyed, because royalty did not like what was in them. They presented the "wrong image" and all that. And the various parts of the Bible were written at different times, by different people, many of which are believed to have been collecting information from all over by word of mouth before putting it down in the books they were writing. Most of them probably weren't even going to become "part" of the Bible.

Now then, unless you can come up with a way to prove that "God" wrote or heavily influenced the Bible that does not loop back to "the Bible says so" I forbid you from arguing that here. You have now said it once, you do not need to repeat it.

True it  might have all been word of mouth, but remember were talking about GOD here, not humans. GOD could have had what the people told the writers be true.  Anything a human does could have been done because God wants it done.

You gotta remember, God can do anything. Or in your case, atleast a god.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

CmptrWz

Hey, unless you can prove that beings of significantly higher powers exist that are not just using technology to pretend to have higher powers I have to ascribe any tales of them doing so to the following:

1 - Fantasy stories that groups of people have decided are reality, against all definitions of sanity
2 - Aliens pretending to be gods (ala Stargate)
3 - Our future selves time-traveling, creating a causality loop beyond our understanding
4 - Some combination of the above

My money is on 1, for the record.

AHadley

Gotta love a good old scientific/philosophical debate. :D

AcneVulgaris

I'm starting to think that if there is a supreme being, he just set this all in motion just to see what will happen.

I started a country song about it...the chourus goes:

'cuz we're all just God's sea monkeys
inside his plastic bowl
and the bottom's gettin' funky
and the water's gettin' low

cheesepuffly

Quote from: CmptrWz on February 13, 2009, 09:37:21 AM
Hey, unless you can prove that beings of significantly higher powers exist that are not just using technology to pretend to have higher powers I have to ascribe any tales of them doing so to the following:

1 - Fantasy stories that groups of people have decided are reality, against all definitions of sanity
2 - Aliens pretending to be gods (ala Stargate)
3 - Our future selves time-traveling, creating a causality loop beyond our understanding
4 - Some combination of the above

My money is on 1, for the record.

What kind of proof do you have they DON'T exist? If so whats your belief on the beginning of the universe.

Plus i also hate when people call evolution a proven fact. Same thing with creationism. Gravity is a fact. The sun is our source of energy is a fact. The universe is really big, thats a fact. Where the world came from, is not a fact.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!