• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

'sup!

Started by Gomjew, February 09, 2009, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gomjew

Hey, I happened to recall BZ2 from my old LAN-parties back in 2001 today, and I figured hey... I bet a game that great would still have an active hardcore base of players.

I was right! Now I'm looking at purchasing this game to join the fun.

Now my question is: is there any downside for me to buy a used disc as opposed to a new one?
Will there be an online code that someone else has already used, etc?

GSH

BZ2 has no online codes/cd key/etc. A used copy from Amazon/eBay is sufficient.

-- GSH

Gomjew

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've used Amazon's service to buy something and never ever *Ammo*ing get it before, so I'm a bit reluctant towards them. Think I'll check ebay.

Penny Arcade comic joke (warning, contains profanity).

TopGun

But be careful. I have run into a few sellers that can scam you on Ebay. I have been scammed a few times. And plus I must warn you that when I joined the online group of players that my game went wonkers. My frame rate is down and so far the only way to get it back up to what i know is to quick restore my PC. But no one else has had my problem so I hope that it does not happen to you. But it is still a great game and I wish that they had made another. The only continuation for the BZ story that I have found in Forgotten Enemies. If you need any help getting the version for the new patch let me know.

But anyway I hope you find a good price on a BZ2 disc and enjoy the online play. Its alot of fun even though my frame rate is rock bottom. But have fun!

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

Gomjew

Thanks, I'll make sure to ask again if (when) I need help with addons etc :)

I ordered it off of some guy on ebay for 12 dollars. Of course, living in Sweden, I have to pay another 9 in shipping. all in all, not too terrible though :)

Arbystrider

Quote from: Gomjew on February 10, 2009, 02:46:44 AM
I ordered it off of some guy on EBay for 12 dollars. Of course, living in Sweden, I have to pay another 9 in shipping. all in all, not too terrible though :)

Wait till you get scammed... No, I'm NOT from Sweden!!!

Make sure you get that 1.3PB4a Patch though... Many mods need that to work... I'll PM you the must-have mods... and the links to them as a head start.

EDIT: ARGH!!! Both BZ2MD and BZU were down when I was sending the PM! I'm not going to resend it. They are SRV 2.35, MRVP 1.0, QF 1.1 and BZNES II (Once it comes out).
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

mrtwosheds

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Do not get the "gold" edition, I believe it was produced illegally and is incompatible with most normal bz2 installs.

Nielk1

DO NOT GET BZ2GOLD!

Not only is it ILLEGAL, but it is somehow made in a way where it cannot be patched to 1.3 without causing BADASSETS.

Click on the image...

Arbystrider

Isn't there only Battlezone Gold Version?! You guys never told me there was a BZ2GOLD version!!!

Actually what is BZ2Gold? Is it like BZ2 with its expansion packs??? Is it an ILLEGAL COPY OF BZ2?!?! NO!!! CANCEL THE ORDER IF YOU'RE GETTING BZ2GOLD!!! IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP!!!

bigbadbogie

Just ignore that.

BZ2GOLD is an illegal version that some idiot put together. It doesn't work properly apparently.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

If someone wouldn't mind removing Arby's confusing babbling.

Click on the image...

Nielk1

thnx, it was truly confusing because BZGOLD is a BZ1 thing and is legit, but BZ2Gold is illegal and not real and borked.

Click on the image...

Arbystrider

Okay... So it's:

BZ2GOLD = Illegal, won't work with 1.3
BZ2 = Legal
BZ:The Red Odyssey = Legal
BZGOLD = Legal

Look out for the "2"...

AHadley

Yes, thats it, now let's let it lie there for a while, ok? :roll:

Steeveeo

Y'know arby, in any stricter types of forums, you would be long gone in a permaban from spamming...

Everyone else, you ain't helping!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.