• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Control tweaks for BZ2

Started by Zero Angel, February 19, 2009, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I don't care much for BZ2's normal control setup, so I've taken the liberty of changing it around to one that seems much smoother. It helps a lot, particularly when it comes to running and changing weapons -- and is as follows.

First reassign you controls as follows

Prev. Weapon: Wheelup
Next Weapon: Wheeldown (remember to click on 'clear' first, because you are going to use mouse2 for multi-select)
Jump: Left Shift

Weapon Linking:

Multi-Select: Mouse2 (Right mouse button) (clear the old bind for this, since shift is now bound to 'jump')
Multi-Select Toggle Weapon: Mouse1 (Left mouse button)

To go into weapon linking setup, all you have to do is hold the right mouse button, scroll to the weapon you want to link to, and then leftclick.

Also, if you're fast running, using the shift key to control your jump thrusters is better because it allows you to go forward+right+jump at the same time.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Steeveeo

Well, to each his own, I guess.

I have one of those ZMerc ZBoards (gaming keyboard):

Mouse1: Fire
Mouse2: Jump
Middle Mouse: Use Special
Mouse Scroll: Weapon Switch
WASD: Movement
Space: Select
Leftshift: Change radar mode
V: Target
F: Hop out
C: Deploy

Etc.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

I use the defaults and change the mouse a little...

Mouse 1 = fire
Mouse 2 = special
Mouse 3 = (damn, can't remember)
Mousewheel = change weapon