• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Spam Ban

Started by hybirdisdf, February 28, 2009, 01:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

My idea is anybody who spam us should receive suspense for 30 days.They cant post or answer on forum.The point will be set back to zero.Anyone like my idea?

Steeveeo

With a little spellcheck and a move to the Management board instead of OT, this would actually be a somewhat good idea.

However, 30 days for a little spam is a tad much, someone over on bz2md.com only got 2 weeks and a harsh warning for posting warez.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Tolerance people. Tolerance!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Arbystrider

Quote from: hybirdisdf on February 28, 2009, 01:25:26 AM
My idea is anybody who spam us should receive suspense for 30 days.They cant post or answer on forum.The point will be set back to zero.Anyone like my idea?

I agree with Steeveeo. And, that may be a BAD idea. Reset to 0 posts = more hunger for more points = more spam.

And, UH OH!
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

AHadley

Yeah, if that happens we'll never see nor hear from you again.

On topic again, sometimes it is unavoidable - let's face it, we have all done it recently. Maybe we should classify what counts as spam in this case, or how much, or something. Otherwise there will be nobody here.

Arbystrider

Quote from: AHadley on February 28, 2009, 02:31:51 AM
Yeah, if that happens we'll never see nor hear from you again.

On topic again, sometimes it is unavoidable - let's face it, we have all done it recently. Maybe we should classify what counts as spam in this case, or how much, or something. Otherwise there will be nobody here.

Except CmptrWz maybe.

Okay, here are my classifications of spam:

EXAMPLE!: Extreme: (Start new thread to spam) HELLO I AM TEH MASTUR CH33F LOLOLOLOL - Permaban/Suspended for 3 months
EXAMPLE!: High: (In thread, and for nothing) LOL! - What's in the first post
EXAMPLE!: Normal: (In thread, offensive) HAHA n00b owned. - Suspended for a week
EXAMPLE!: Low: State obvious stuff, like what I did recently on BZ2MD - Uhh, I don't know?! Picture of Doom? lol

EDIT: Look at my sig!

Zero Angel

I don't think people spam strictly for the sake of upping their post count -- they probably just do it as a way to be silly. Anyways, I never noticed it being a huge problem here -- then again i'm pretty tolerant about that sort of thing.
Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 28, 2009, 01:39:36 AM
Tolerance people. Tolerance!

LOL. I find it amusing that half of the people in this thread are the biggest spam jockeys on this board.  :-D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Arbystrider

Quote from: Zero Angel on February 28, 2009, 05:26:05 AM
I don't think people spam strictly for the sake of upping their post count -- they probably just do it as a way to be silly. Anyways, I never noticed it being a huge problem here -- then again i'm pretty tolerant about that sort of thing.LOL. I find it amusing that half of the people in this thread are the biggest spam jockeys on this board.  :-D

YEP! Some do it for being silly, (I used to do that since I was, uh, nevermind), but I suppose some also do it for fun, and some people do it accidentally. (Like, you posted in wrong board, then there's no DELETE POST button, happens on Asiasoft Forums.)

And, yeah, SJ's (Spam Jockeys) tend to watch out for the terms "SPAM", "BAN","MODERATOR", and "ADMINISTRATOR".

Official Abbreviation: SJ.
SJ (noun) (abbr, Spam Jockey) Somebody who spams.

AHadley

Picture of Doom?  :-o Sounds nasty.

Arbystrider

Quote from: AHadley on February 28, 2009, 05:39:12 AM
Picture of Doom?  :-o Sounds nasty.

Ya want to know what it is?  :lol:

AHadley

Go on then... not sure we're going to like it

PWRWarTG

Quote from: Arbystrider on February 28, 2009, 02:17:10 AM
I agree with Steeveeo. And, that may be a BAD idea. Reset to 0 posts = more hunger for more points = more spam.

And, UH OH!
I wouldnt be talking...

Nielk1

Quote from: Steeveeo on February 28, 2009, 01:30:39 AM
However, 30 days for a little spam is a tad much, someone over on bz2md.com only got 2 weeks and a harsh warning for posting warez.

I think I might have banned him for a week. Frankly, I didn't notice it was warez the first several times I saw it. I understood the possibility for confusion because of how the version before the one posted was free, so I slapped him is all.

Just so long as it does not become like facepunch here...

Click on the image...

AHadley

That would be particularly nasty.

I never get a reply on FP :roll:

Feared_1

I think this topic is going to jump off a cliff...

I'm curious to see where this goes...