• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

stuck after finding the hespitus

Started by wugly, February 28, 2009, 04:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It's one of the biggest problems of the electronic age, that our history is being thrown away due to either media life issues, compatibility issues, or legal/licensing issues.  (licenses, unless ad infinitum, are evil...)

Our history until this age has been concrete and relatively long-lived...  only now has it become disposable.

Let me put it this way:

You can easily read a book your great-great-great Grandfather brought with him on some ship almost 100 years ago, but you can't play the games I did when I was your age because you can't buy them, can't run the media they were on, or can't find the hardware that'll do the job.

It's a crime...

-Av, pre-coffee and drifting OT-

Nielk1

Quote from: Avatar on March 03, 2009, 04:21:42 AM
You can easily read a book your great-great-great Grandfather brought with him on some ship almost 100 years ago, but you can't play the games I did when I was your age because you can't buy them, can't run the media they were on, or can't find the hardware that'll do the job.

Hence why I try to collect older hardware for those older media.
I've got to get my self a nice VCR, Beta, and LaserDisk when I have the money.

Click on the image...

(AK)Sabre

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 02, 2009, 07:48:57 AM
BZC is the only chance im going to get to play BZ1. id refuse to got the illegal copy of the game purely because BZ2 general awesomeness. why go backwards?

You can find an "Xplosiv" branded BZ1 on eBay.  A friend had lost my original BZ1 discs, so I was forced to buy the game again.  It's the real game, the only difference is the splash menu when you put the disc in.

Nielk1

IDK WTF my BZ1 disk is. Not for resale is all I know.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

My grammar in that post was appaling, and spelling.

I might get a copy of BZ1 from eBay in that case... so long as its legally available. Battlezone games are one of those series i would feel guilty illegally downloading because of the overall awesome factor.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dx

Quote from: wugly on February 28, 2009, 04:47:33 AM
Its been a long time since I first played and I am in the stars and stripes missions.  the mission starts out to rescue the 5 th platoon but I find an old cargo ship and the mission changes.  I now have to investigaate the starport to find the database but my problem occurs when I see three buildings in the starport and none of them have the database in them.  I soon get removed from command for not following orders but I check every building and it can not be found.  Am I missing something?

Ok, the problem is it's not recognizing that you checked all the buildings with the "I" key.

I noticed that if your on win2k or newer OS and the fps is high, it messes up mission timers. If that is the case turn on vsync and set the monitors refresh rate at 60Hz.

AHadley

Fulmen

I never had any problems with identifying the buildings and so on. Back like 11-10 years ago when I was a kid, and didn't quite comprehend everything, I didn't realize you must use the I key to identify the Hephaestus, causing me to fail the mission already at that point. But that was because I didn't know how to. Nothing wrong with my game. Sad to see that people are having problems with theirs, though.

(AK)Sabre

Quote from: wugly on February 28, 2009, 04:47:33 AM
Its been a long time since I first played and I am in the stars and stripes missions.  the mission starts out to rescue the 5 th platoon but I find an old cargo ship and the mission changes.  I now have to investigaate the starport to find the database but my problem occurs when I see three buildings in the starport and none of them have the database in them.  I soon get removed from command for not following orders but I check every building and it can not be found.  Am I missing something?

It's already been said several times... Just turn off "Strategy Help" in the Game Options menu...  I remember having the same problem, and turning off Strategy Help solved all my problems.

Fixxxer

I ran into this problem too when I first started out.  Took me like a bajillion tries until I figured out that if you fly up to one of the structures and hit I key a few times then do the same at the other structures it solves the issue.  Kinda seemed like my first I attempt was missed by the computer.