• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

stuck after finding the hespitus

Started by wugly, February 28, 2009, 04:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wugly

Its been a long time since I first played and I am in the stars and stripes missions.  the mission starts out to rescue the 5 th platoon but I find an old cargo ship and the mission changes.  I now have to investigaate the starport to find the database but my problem occurs when I see three buildings in the starport and none of them have the database in them.  I soon get removed from command for not following orders but I check every building and it can not be found.  Am I missing something?

AHadley

I get this too. Anybody else know what's going wrong?

Lol...  (not laughing AT you, laughing WITH you...)

This is the single most complained about SP mission stumble in the game, with the Mars Volcano mission being the second.

You have to approach each of the Starport buildings QUICKLY! and hit the "I" key.  You also must NOT have 'auto identify' turned on before you do this, it's one of the options and it breaks the script that checks for you Identifying each building.

If you don't Identify each building quickly you've failed to follow orders and better learn to love piloting a Scav...  :)

Battlezone I is a lot about knowing when to ignore orders and when to follow them quickly and blindly.  For the most part you have a couple of warnings when putting off following an order, but in this case you'd better move fast...

-Av-

AHadley

Please say you'll fix it in BZC... I'm sick of it, frankly.

Nielk1

That is one of the bugs I am sure Avatar WONT be artificially replicating...

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

I got stuck in exactly the same place, but its because I thought, the objective told me to press the T key. instead of "I" it looked so similar i was stuck for a while...

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

bigbadbogie

When I was new to the game I got stuck on that for weeks. Now I just rush through and always get it.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 28, 2009, 12:44:35 PM
That is one of the bugs I am sure Avatar WONT be artificially replicating...

Actually I sortof did... 

What I did was keep the pressure as in you only have a about 15 seconds once you approach the Starport area, throw up a "Use the "I" key to IDENTIFY each building" objective, and for all such places where you have to "I" something there's a feedback sound to let you know you've done it.  You have to do the same thing several other times in missions so I thought it a good idea to give you something to indicate you've done what they asked.

So you still have to hustle, but you get a reminder and some feedback when you accomplish the task.  Best I could do while staying in the spirit of the original.

Of course on HARD you have to deal with the automated defenses, but that's another story...  :evil:

-Av-

TheJamsh

BZC is the only chance im going to get to play BZ1. id refuse to got the illegal copy of the game purely because BZ2 general awesomeness. why go backwards?

SOOO looking forward to it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

You need to get BZ1, Jamsh.  There's nothing quite like it.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

I agree completely...  my poor homage will do all it can to recreate the magic but you really owe it to yourself to play the original. 

While I applaud your desire to do right I myself have difficulty understanding the crime in preserving games that will never be for sale again.  I own two copies of BZ1, two copies of BZ2, one of TRO and one of Battlegrounds.  (I also have two copies of Hidden and Dangerous, two copies of Tribes and two of Tribes 2, so you see I do support legal copies of current games.) 

IOW if you can find a copy of BZ1, no matter what the origin, play it!  and commit to buying a copy whenever or wherever you can when you find one.

I cry when I think of how many copies of BZ1 and TRO have probably died horrible deaths in toy chests, the bottom of drawers, and trash cans across the country...  :(

-Av-

VSMIT

At one point I had 2 copies of it, since it came with a graphics card I got 2 of (For different computers, obviously).  I made two copies for archival purposes, and now I can't even find the originals.  It makes me a little sad.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.