• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who is God?

Started by hybirdisdf, March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

QuoteThe christians answer is because God made them that way and God is forever. The atheists answer is just because it happened.
Both of which are rubbish non answers.
I'm a confirmed Heathen.
QuoteHow do you feel about everybody being immortal even non-chrisitans?
Every lifeforms body is potentially immortal.
I love science fiction, but I draw the line at actually reading the bible.

Clavin12

Just try reading it and you'll understand. Persevere at it and it will all become clear. It's really great but you can't get it if you don't read the bible.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Red Spot on May 08, 2009, 08:38:32 AM
How about "I think" or "I feel" or "According to my religion" ? ....

AHH! A philosopher! A applaud you!

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Is it your avatar cycles, or do i get a different avatar depending on whether i applaud or smite you N1?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Just refresh and it changes.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

I tried reading the bible once, i wanted to laugh really hard after the first page.

its so silly.

*****General BlackDragon*****

cheesepuffly

Talking first page of the Bible itself, or, some where else?

Cause i can reccomend (although im sure you will decline) some better parts of the Bible to read?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

mrtwosheds

QuoteJust try reading it and you'll understand.
No.
Try thinking for yourself and maybe you will.

Feared_1

Quote from: Feared_1 on March 26, 2009, 10:59:23 PM
A belief is not wasted time to the believer. Telling a Christian that they may be wrong in their beliefs is almost an insult. You refute ideas and thoughts. You can't refute beliefs. This is because the believer is basing his/her argument on what he/she believes to be fact and has probably done so for a very long time.

Belief ≠ Idea or thought

There is a difference between telling someone, "I believe the storm will hit us." and "I think the storm will hit us."

bigbadbogie

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 08, 2009, 09:15:11 AM
My theory is that a more advanced alien species came to earth, messed with monkey(primate) DNA, possibly adding in some of their own, or just advancing it by millions of years and making a first few of them on the planet (adam & eve). Probably a science experiment?

WTF?

Did you ever consider that we just evolved naturally from them?

Why do technologically advanced aliens have to have intervened?

Quote from: cheesepuffly on May 08, 2009, 10:31:01 AM
The planet is relatively perfect.

What defines perfect? Trees? Landmass and oceans? What?

We consider it to be perfect because of what humans instinctively find beautiful.

Take a look at this:

Do you find it attractive? Pretty?

Why?

It's only a big pool of Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms. And the the mountain is just a pile of dirt, and it is covered in growths.

Why do you find it pretty? Because you have instincts telling you that it is beautiful.

That is perfect in our eyes, but in REALITY it is nothing special.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

cheesepuffly

God made the world for humans, and in human eyes that is beautiful.

Even so I was talking perfect as in function, not fashion.

If humans did not interfer, the earth would probably have no problems, no over or under population, nothing.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 08, 2009, 01:43:37 PM
I tried reading the bible once, i wanted to laugh really hard after the first page.

its so silly.

Try not reading king james and start reading NIV or the Message.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

i never understood shakespeare, which is why i have never tried to read the bible.

Maybe im not Christian, i dont know. but i believe in something bigger than myself. something that happens to me after i go through a certain experience (i.e. death), some part of ME that makes me who i am. I define myself as Christian because i believe in 'God', but i dont go to church every sunday, nor do i pray or much else to show it.

Im quite naive when it comes to religion and knowing what each one is about. Im not sure what i do and don't believe about the bible. One thing i really dont understand is why no one ever thinks "this is a book some guy wrote to keep people in check". What happens to people who didnt have God to believe in? did they go to hell (like the ancient egyptians etc.)

I dont know... i dont get it really, but i refuse to believe for perfectly rational reasons that this universe just sparked up out of nowhere, and that it has led me to sitting here typing this. Life is wierd man, the whole prospect of it. Something or someone made this universe.

Im going to quote a phrase i dont like saying, from a film called 'constantine' "God is a kid with an ant farm". In many ways, i believe that could also be true, and i almost like the idea. Trouble is its hard to say it without feeling like youre offending him or someone else.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

The message and NIV sound nothing like shakespear. go here and try any version of the bible. http://www.biblegateway.com/
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

Quote from: cheesepuffly on May 08, 2009, 05:03:00 PM
God made the world for humans
LMFAO & DOL

We are just the "last creation", we kind of just assume we are the ones given "full rights" such as "caring" for the world around us. (My Belief)
Hell, we may as well just be an extention of God himself if that's case. (Ex. Noah and the Ark)
It's not until the story of Abraham that this assumption is clarified as "written in stone" (According to the Bible/Holy Texts of the 3 Major Religions.)

Thinking that the World around us was made only for the sake of the Human Experience is somewhat foolish. I believe that all creating (Divine and by "the creation") is done for the sense of accomplishment, not for the provision of a single creation. (Ex. The pen wasn't made to make paper useful.)