• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A couple of points

Started by AHadley, March 18, 2009, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I've run across a couple of problems in the making of the EDF variant for my new mod.

1) X-47 texture
        No matter where I look, I can't find the texture for the top of the X-47 Experimental Tank's cockpit. It's 'ivcorbin' in the FEdata.pak file, and I've checked its folder - nothing. Anybody know where I can find this texture? Or how I can find it, without extracting the whole .pak into addon?

2) Recycler and Factory mod lists
        I've got a lot of new vehicles in both the recycler and factory. Unfortunately, they won't show up in the unit customisation lists, and neither will the new weapons I have made. Anybody know how I can get them to show up? I did this on my old variant, as you can see...

3) Cargo Transporter cockpit
        The cargo transport (the massive version of the Interceptor that was first used in FE) has a semitransparent cockpit window like most ships, but unlike the other ships, by looking through the window from the outside, I can see straight through the vehicle and through to the floor below. I'll put up a screenshot of this so you guys know what I mean.

BNG Da BZ Fool

If all else fails try loading the model in the map editor and take a close screen shot from an appropriate angle and paste that into a paint program, crop and enlarge the area with the texture and re save that for further painting. The interior of the ship looks strange without interior walls and a floor. You can add them if your 3d modeler supports creating hollow objects from solid objects. In TS if you make a solid object you can create a hollow version by selecting the object right clicking the shell icon to open the settings box and adjusting the wall thickness to something like .15 and then left clicking on the shell icon to create the hollow version. You'll end up with the original, a shell volume object, and a hollowed object. You can delete the shell volume object as it's just the interior volume from the original object. The hollowed version will be complete with all of the interior surfaces to make the ship visually more complete. I've tried this with a few of my ships and it really makes them look more appealing. You could keep the interior colors simple by using a simple plain Grey material color or go crazy and apply a more fancy painted texture. What looks pretty cool is to make some simple mock pilot figures with them seated in the cockpit area showing through the transparent cockpit window. BTW, nice model AH.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

The order of the mesh elements does that. I find re-ordering the XSI in notepad (if you have it) will fix that.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

i found that a lot of transparent objects got broken in PB4a. try going inside a gun tower and see what i mean, the semi-visible terminal interface window will show you the terrain behind it, straight through the gun tower wall...

couldnt tell you what caused it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on March 18, 2009, 02:27:15 PM
1) X-47 texture
        No matter where I look, I can't find the texture for the top of the X-47 Experimental Tank's cockpit. It's 'ivcorbin' in the FEdata.pak file, and I've checked its folder - nothing. Anybody know where I can find this texture? Or how I can find it, without extracting the whole .pak into addon?

ivshul.pic
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Fe data pak is all over the place.

my suggestion... download FE for PB3, then look in that pak file, everythings in the root directory and there no folder hierachy so its much easier to find what youre looking for.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Yeah, I think I've found it. The name confused me, and the fact that it says 'Schultzy' down one side doesn't help either. I've looked at that file dozens of times, never thought Corbin might be based on Schultz rather than the other way around! *hits head on desk*

Right, now for the factory lists and cargo ship. There's one problem with the recommendations for that so far, which is I don't have a modelling program and I can't model for *service trucks*. Yes, NK1, I know. Thought I'd put them in.

Nielk1

Swears, fake or not, are *word* not word.

My suggestion involves notepad and an XSI.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Well, are you go tell me or not? :-P

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on March 19, 2009, 11:50:25 AM
Well, are you go tell me or not? :-P
Quote from: Nielk1 on March 18, 2009, 04:18:08 PM
The order of the mesh elements does that. I find re-ordering the XSI in notepad (if you have it) will fix that.

Just, ya know, select the mesh elements and, well, put them elsewhere in the order. If anyone has a text editor that collapses brackets with little + signs, that would help a ton for XSI notepad editing. Its hard to keep parts straight sometimes, harder than in a 5 level nested loop in C++.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I find it easy. :-P

Probably cos I have to do it so often.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Right, I've got the texture fixed and know how to fix the Albatross, and since the units have shown up in the factory by themselves, how do I get my custom weapons to do the same?