• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Search something to modify Units/scrapcost etc

Started by Shephren, March 19, 2009, 03:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shephren

Hello there!
It's been a while i wrote something,but now i need a bit..well,a lot of help.
I'll want do modify the scrap at itself,that a scav gains more scrap in the same time as he usually does.Like in some multiplayer maps the uman scrap cheat on 3.Need that option for my own maps,i think it would work if i change some units,their odf files(is that correct?I'm a total noob at that  :-D ).I've already got an ODF Editor,but need the odf files from the data.pak,the bz2extract frombzsrcap opens for less than a second and shuts down immediately.There is just the cmd.window from windows for that short time.
Is there another extractor or something like that?
Pls,need help.Want to give my friends a quick and dirty battle  :mrgreen:
Hope someone is able to help me
Shephren

Nielk1

If this is 1.3, you best bet is a rec variant. A map can cause a rec variant to be selected automatically, and yours can be on the list for everyone to use any time (provided they have it).

If you make a rec variant, you can make everything it makes a lower cost. There is no way to increase the value of loose, but you can make units drop more loose or just crank up extractor rates.

I suggest you look at some of the rec variants that come with 1.3 and see how it is done. You can go download MRVP 1.0 (www.bz2md.com has a news post on it if you can find the topic for it here) to see how I make rec variants. Maybe one of those might fit what you want.

If you are working in 1.2, let us know so we can better help you for that more modding limited version.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quotethe bz2extract frombzsrcap opens for less than a second and shuts down immediately

Get PAKExplorer.

QuoteThere is no way to increase the value of loose

Not true. Find and extract npscr1, npscr2, npscr3 or npscrx in data.pak. Copy them to addon. Edit scrapValue = x in the ODF(s).
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 19, 2009, 04:43:26 PM
Not true. Find and extract npscr1, npscr2, npscr3 or npscrx in data.pak. Copy them to addon. Edit scrapValue = x in the ODF(s).

... in a Recycler variant.

Quote from: Nielk1 on March 19, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
If you make a rec variant, ... no way to increase the value of loose...

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Unless he uses custom ships with:

ScrapClass1 = ""
ScrapClass2 = ""
ScrapClass3 = ""
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 19, 2009, 05:51:55 PM
Unless he uses custom ships with:

ScrapClass1 = ""
ScrapClass2 = ""
ScrapClass3 = ""

If you are going to do that, just make ships drop more total loose.

Quote from: Nielk1 on March 19, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
... but you can make units drop more loose or just crank up extractor rates.

If you are just making a map with higher value loose, just make a custom loose ODF and use that. It wounds like you want something more complex though.

Click on the image...

Shephren

Wouh,first of all,i'm using version 1.3.4.75..so yes,1.3^^
Nice,nice nice!
Well,downloaded the PAKexplorer and launched it,i opened the object file of the apc i think,with all the lines like "scrapcost(damn,yeah! xD),or build time.
What should i do to modify some of them?Just type in a new number if i want it to be cheaper,for instance 20 scrap instead of 60 and then overwrite the old file(i'll make a copy of it first) or rename it?Where must i put it,if i want to have the normal APC,and the cheaper version?I remember the button "advanced units" of the forge and the factory.How do i do that?
Last question for the moment,if i just change some numbers and overwrite the old apc-file,i pass it over to my friends and we all could build apc's which cost 20 scrap,fly faster or whatever,right?I just have to copy the data.pak,or my whole bz 2 folder?
So far
Shephren

Nielk1

If you want a cheaper rec, your best bet is to make a mass of inherited ODFs for it.

So your first odf would be ivrecy_cheap.odf
[GameObjectClass]
classlabel = "ivrecy"

[CraftClass]

[TrackedVehicleClass]

[TrackedDeployableClass]

[DeployBuildingClass]
deployName = "ibrecy_cheap"

[RecyclerVehicleClass]

[Lod1]

And then ibrecy_cheap.odf:
[GameObjectClass]
classLabel = "ibrecy"

[PoweredBuildingClass]

[BuildingClass]

[FactoryClass]
buildItem1 = "ivscav_cheap"
buildItem2 = "ivscout_cheap"
buildItem3 = "ivturr_cheap"
buildItem4 = "ivtug_cheap"
buildItem5 = "ivcons_cheap"
buildItem6 = "ivserv_cheap"
buildItem7 = "apserv _cheap" // or omit this line to build normal
buildItem8 = "ivscout_m" // (perhaps ivscout_cheapm)
buildEmptyItem = 8

[RecyclerClass]

[Lod1]

That is how you start to make a rec variant. The inheritance (making the classlabel an ODF name instead of a class) makes it even easier.

I think it will be cool to see some new recs come about...
If you choose to make a rec variant, once you get all of the ODFs working (test in editor) you make an autoreg file to make it automatically add to the rec list and then test playing without it enabled with someone without it (to be sure it doesn't screw up stock) and then with it with someone to be sure it works. ORRRRRR, have us look over it.

Rec variants are the new big thing.

Click on the image...

Shephren

Cool,tested just a bit out,now i know where they are saved and how to put them into the PAK explorer.One more question,how do i create a autoreg file to put the rec in the reclist in multiplayer?

Nielk1

You should not put files into the pak file.

Instead, place your files in addon. If you edit the PAK file, you may cause BA for every game you try to join.

Files in addon override files in data.pak if they have the same name, but since you are making a rec variant, you are not actually making new files.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteNot true. Find and extract npscr1, npscr2, npscr3 or npscrx in data.pak. Copy them to addon. Edit scrapValue = x in the ODF(s).
Altering the properties of objects saved on maps, like loose scrap, can/might cause problems.

Shephren

Here i am again.Created some ibrecy_cheap/ivtank_cheap things.Saved them in my addon folder as you told me,but where can i chose my recylcer(if i made a new recylcer,don't know.Didn't overwrite anything).Or how do i open them in my editor?I've just changed the scrap costs of the units,and that the apc drops 3 sabres.
That autoreg,how do i create it?
Hope i did nothing wrong

Nielk1

In the editor you would just type in the box ivrecy_cheap or fvrecy_cheap, plcae it on team 1, then remove your starting rec.

You need an autoreg file to make your rec appear in lists. There are some of these files already in addon/autoregs

Click on the image...

Shephren

Did that,but i get an Runtime Error.
For instance,my ivrecy_cheap.odf as you see.I changed baseName to ivrecy_cheap and tested it again.Nothing else happened,just received the Runtime Error.

GameObjectClass]
baseName = "ivrecy_cheap"
geometryName = "ivrecy00.xsi"
animCount = 1
animName1 = "deploy"
animFile1 = "ivrecy00.xsi"
classLabel = "ivrecy_cheap"
collisionRadius = 7.0
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 100
maxHealth = 6000
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Recycler"
aiName = "DeployBuildingFriend"
aiName2 = "DeployBuildingEnemy"
heatSignature = 2.0
imageSignature = 5.0
radarSignature = 5.0
isAssault = 1

armorClass = H

[CraftClass]
rangeScan = 400.0f
periodScan = 5.0f
velocJam = 0.0f
TeamTransferrable = false

selectUser1Msg = "ivrecy02.wav"  // building
selectUser2Msg = "ivrecy10.wav"  // can't do
selectWaitMsg = "ivrecy04.wav"  // yes sir
selectGoMsg = "ivrecy01.wav"  // in transit
selectOtherMsg = "ivrecy04.wav"  // yes sir
holdMsg = "ivrecy09.wav"
attackMsg = "ivrecy05.wav"
goMsg = "ivrecy05.wav"
goObjectMsg = "ivrecy04.wav"
user1Msg = "ivrecy02.wav"
user2Msg = "ivrecy13.wav"
followMsg = "ivrecy03.wav"
otherMsg = "ivrecy04.wav"

[trackedVehicleClass]
velocForward = 10.0
velocReverse = 10.0
accelThrust = 50.0
omegaSpin = 2.0

engineSound   = "irecy01.wav"
treadSound = "irecy01b.wav"

[trackedDeployableClass]
timeDeploy = 10.0
timeUndeploy = 10.0
soundDeploy = "irecy03.wav"

[DeployBuildingClass]
deployName = "ibrecy_cheap"

[RecyclerVehicleClass]
scrapHold = 40

[Lod1]
geometryName = "ivrecyL1.xsi" ;geometry for lod1
distance = 100

whats wrong?Is it necessary to change for example the audio files to "..._cheap" too?Oh no,wait...wouldn't work.
Need help.
And the autoreg files,how can i open them?
Last question for the moment,the PAkkexplorer opens the odf files with open.office,if i want to save them,there are several types of formats he saves them.I think i used .txt all the time.In addon they appear as ODF files,but before he saves them,he says that maybe not all formats and information can be saved.I changed .txt to .odt and the question dissapears,but if i try to place my ivrecy_cheap in the world,bz2edit just shuts down without an error message.Now i'm confused

mrtwosheds

There was no need to change...
baseName = "ivrecy_cheap" this will cause the icon to change.
classLabel = "ivrecy_cheap" This is probably the cause of your crash, class labels are defined in the bz2 code not odf's, there is no class label called ivrecy_cheap