• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

when I ruled the world...

Started by Avatar, March 23, 2009, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm a little drunk, sorry, but I post well in such times.

I know there's some controversy about this song, but for some reason it strikes a chord with me... (no, not an intentional pun, but I'll take it)

Coldplay - Vida la Vida

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

I could get all philisophical, likening the lyrics to looking back after half a life spent (I hope)...  but it would be lost on many of you...

I could get slightly depressed, given I've imbibed depressant liquid (orange flavored vodka, quite a time saver!) but I feel more thoughtful than depressed (oops, there's a tax ad on TV.  Now I'm depressed... :) )

Instead I'll be patronizing...

Right now many of you rule the world, but you don't even know it.  Many of you are thinking "When I get out of High School", or "When I'm done with College", or "When I get married", or some other silly thing that basically means "right now sucks and someday it won't suck", or that you just have to get through wherever your life is now and things will be wonderful, or some other such nonsense.

Take it from me, there's no place like now.  You should be making now the best time in your life, because it very likely is.  And next year will then be the best time of your life.  And the year after that...  that is, if you're doing it right.

Now, I'm not saying everything will suck in the future, or that everything is great right now, I'm saying that it's up to you.  YOU decide, at all times, how you will react to the universe no matter what it throws at you.  Your will, your mind, your heart, all determine who and what you are in this universe.

Some advice from an old timer:

Put aside your fears, your anxiety, your worries.  Learn as much as you can.  Love as much as you can.  Feel love and fun and pain and hurt and joy and sadness and...  LIVE   Make each moment something you'll never regret. 

-Av-

Spawn

Good Advice, but is never supposed to be repeated in this paragraph?

Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

hybirdisdf

cheesepuffly

It might be because i am not of legal age to drink, or maybe its because i find Beer n Wine n such very bitter so i do not want to drink them but i dont get how when your drunk the first thing you think about is going on the computer and posting something?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Spawn

If people made sense when they got drunk it wouldn't be getting drunk.

AHadley

Drunk people are very funny to watch, though.

hybirdisdf

Why do the drunk people wants to self destruction their brains?Silly you drunk people.Drunk people love do stupid things. :-o

Red Devil

Yes, please don't listen to that man behind the curtain.  Put everything off as long as you possibly can.

http://www.popular-pics.com/pictures-series.aspx?photoid=346&seriesid=226
What box???

Nielk1

Quick EVERYONE! Hope for change harder! Hurry! It's working! (My ass...)

My father was just talking about how in college he mixed tang powder with vodka, I think it was vodka...

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

i must be one of the few kids in the world who refuse to drink. not out of any kind of beliefs or religious views, just out of pure hatred of the stuff. i guess ive had to deal with a lot of bad experiences with things related to alcohol. but hey, im wont be complaining when im the one without the hangovers :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 24, 2009, 03:54:47 PM
i must be one of the few kids in the world who refuse to drink. not out of any kind of beliefs or religious views, just out of pure hatred of the stuff. i guess ive had to deal with a lot of bad experiences with things related to alcohol. but hey, im wont be complaining when im the one without the hangovers :D

I am still to young (19) and wont when I can. I see no purpose in it.

Click on the image...

Spawn

When you get to college you'll have a reason.  Either that or you are on anti-depressants :P

bigbadbogie

I will be allowed (legally) to drink in 5 months. Thankyou Australian law whereby anyone over 18 can drink themselves under the table.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: Spawn on March 24, 2009, 04:46:59 PM
When you get to college you'll have a reason.  Either that or you are on anti-depressants :P

I am in college.

Click on the image...

Spawn