• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Investigate

Started by NIGHTOWL1, March 25, 2009, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIGHTOWL1

Anybody know how to investigate the three structures in mission 5 and find the data thing, somebody help please?

Red Devil

Run quickly to each of the structures and press the "I" key.
What box???

bigbadbogie

Really, really quickly...

God I wish we could make a mini patch that fixes that... give the player an extra 20 seconds or something.

I suppose all BZ1 mission scripts are written in C++.... anyone know how to edit them?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

unless the source files are available, no joy. i know that much.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

What's odd is I have NEVER had any issues with that, not a one speed or otherwise. I even take the time to read the info blocks (if they had anything, its been a while).

Click on the image...

The missions are coded into the engine in BZ1.

I never had a problem with that either, but part of the trick is to NOT engage the Turrets and Howitzer.  Let your men take care of them while you cruise by with the Recycler.  This gives you plenty of time to "I" the structures.

The other issue with that mission is that having 'auto identify' on in the Options breaks the scripting.  You need to make sure that's turned off before playing that mission.

-Av-

(In BZC the time is set by the difficulty, and there's a 'feedback noise' when you "I" something to let you know you've done it.  This is because in this mission all three structures have the same "I" screen and some people got confused by that...)

bigbadbogie

Speaking of BZC..... When?

When, When, WHEN???   :-)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Bort

I never had a problem with that mission either. Part of the mission is doing it quickly.
Do it quickly as the mission says you need to and you won't have a problem. It's a game...if the missions were made easier to complete then people would be less satisfied and want more.

NIGHTOWL1

Quote from: Avatar on March 25, 2009, 06:55:31 PM

I never had a problem with that either, but part of the trick is to NOT engage the Turrets and Howitzer.  Let your men take care of them while you cruise by with the Recycler.  This gives you plenty of time to "I" the structures.

The other issue with that mission is that having 'auto identify' on in the Options breaks the scripting.  You need to make sure that's turned off before playing that mission.

-Av-Thanx, it needed the auto identifier turned Off.

(In BZC the time is set by the difficulty, and there's a 'feedback noise' when you "I" something to let you know you've done it.  This is because in this mission all three structures have the same "I" screen and some people got confused by that...)

Spawn

Quote from: Avatar on March 25, 2009, 06:55:31 PM

-Av-

He added Thanx, it needed the auto identifier turned Off. in the middle of the quote, but I saw it anyway...

:)

-Av-

Spawn

When I tried to quote him nothing appeared :P

Can you quote a quote?  Does it unquote it?  lol...

-Av-

Bort

Quote from: Spawn on March 26, 2009, 02:02:58 PM

hmmm...yeah. There is no message there, just a dynamic link to the message which should cause it to display, but after previewing, it doesn't. Have these boards been updated? I haven't been keeping up with cms's lately. Not sure what the latest version of SMF is.
It used to work here, and yes, you could quote a quote - and you should be able to.
Is this a stand alone installation? = I can probably fix it.
If it's provided by smf = can't do much about it. Report this bug to SMF developers.

I don't use bzc's version. Those Fugly skins and the completely unnecessary name changes they made are very annoying as well as probably chasing people away that might download it. I use the stock version from the original disk with a few addons (like the blue stealth skin and other skins I made).

OvermindDL1

It is an administration option, it is not a bug, just someone enabled the option to remove embedded quotes.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey