• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Investigate

Started by NIGHTOWL1, March 25, 2009, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Bort on March 29, 2009, 01:11:34 PM
I don't use bzc's version. Those Fugly skins and the completely unnecessary name changes they made are very annoying as well as probably chasing people away that might download it. I use the stock version from the original disk with a few addons (like the blue stealth skin and other skins I made).

In my case "BZC" (capitals) is "Battlezone Classic", my mod for BZ2.  I'm trying to stay as true to the original missions as possible but it's hard not to fix some things that were SO complained about...

I agree that the Battlezone Club release did some annoying things (Grizzly skin, fwiw) but it's nice to have a BZ1 that runs under XP without MP issues.  Then again there's all those thrusters...  sheesh...  :)

-Av-

Dx

All those thrusters are working on the original model. The retail avtank.vdf had been hex edited which messed up the model. (parts of the tank was out of place/misaligned)

1.4L is no longer distributed.

xSSx Grizzly

What one was mission 5 god long time sonce I played BZ1.

Vid

Take this recycler to the 5th who have lost their recycler.
Wait, we are detecting an unknown object ahead
Identify alien relics
Deploy recycler, say goodbye to the 5th
Get to the launchpad through the high wall canyons and inspect it so we know where soviets took the log from the alien relics.
5th says we will delay them to give you more time, even though you won't come rescue us.

Just my summary of it :)

xSSx Grizzly

Just watched on youtube, I love the noise of the Grizzly Tank hence my name really.

xSSx Grizzly

Summin else I jst noticed the voice for the APC is the same on BZ2, also sound the same as BZ2's factory.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

That mission was scripted as poorly as can be.

You can proceed to watch the cutscene and hear how bad they are dying while watching the NSDF kick total CCA ass. In one go through, I've seen the 5th take out every CCA ship.

That mission also had CCA destroyers killing the NSDF Lincoln carrier. Would've been fun to watch that cutscene.

Dx

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 01, 2009, 03:42:34 PM
Summin else I jst noticed the voice for the APC is the same on BZ2, also sound the same as BZ2's factory.

And the Bz voices/lines are in DR2

AHadley

The tug, rocket tank and a good few other ISDF vehicles in BZ2 use the Wolverine soundset. That needs fixing.

Quote from: bb1 on July 09, 2009, 10:06:13 PM
That mission also had CCA destroyers killing the NSDF Lincoln carrier. Would've been fun to watch that cutscene.

????

What's a CCA Destroyer?  Was there an NSDF Carrier??  Is Dx holding out on me???  Will I EVER run out of question marks????

Inquiring minds want to know...

-Av- 

bigbadbogie

Are they from Elite Corps?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

ssuser

On that last Mars mission if you peruse the sound files for it in the zfs file you will find a whole bunch of wav files that were done apparently by the developers (not the voice actors) outlining a more evolved story where CCA and NSDF ships in orbit have a battle while the NSDF is trying to stop the relic transport from getting away, I think the NSDF ships mentioned were the Lincoln and Roosevelt(?). I guess they dropped that part of it though.

Cutscenes can be annoying. In TRO, they can get you killed. On the 2nd mission where the recyclers thrusters go down there is a cutscene where the chinese bombers come in and kill it, and one of the first times I played this I watched the bombers turn on my tank after killing the recycler and blast it to peices, and my pilot ejected and was spattered by rocket splash. Instead of finishing the mission I got the "Killed in Action" screen. WTF? After that I would get the recycler thru the last wave of fighters and go hide in the nearby crater.  :-D

Dx

CCA Destroyer is one of the new Ecorps mod models, I'm too lazy to build new models Av. hehe

General BlackDragon

avatar didn't know about those????  :-o

:|

*****General BlackDragon*****