• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Game Music From CD in singleplayer

Started by player5, March 28, 2009, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

player5

Hello all,

Just decided to replay BZ2 on my slightly newer PC (with 1.3Pb4). However, I get no music in my game pre-patch or after patch. No idea what is going on.

I have my CD in the drive, but no music. Music form CD is checked in options.

I've looked at topics, and this seems to be a very rare problem. What should I do?

What folder is the game music in on the CD? Perhaps I'll have to command prompt the sound somehow?

System:

p4 3.6
1gb 667 ddr2
7800gtx
NEC DVD-rw/CD-rw drive.

Thanks in advance.

sabrebattletank

Can you get other sound? From youtube or your music, for example?

Nielk1

Is "Music From CD" turned on in the sound options?

Click on the image...

sabrebattletank

AHadley

It may seem silly, but check the level of the Music volume slider in Options.

Or maybe clean the disk, that might help.

player5

Checked all of the above.

Sound is there but no music.

Any way to install music from cd? Or force it to load by command, because it is not playing by itself? BTW--I can hear the menu music, but no music in-game.   

I've got windows xp pro sp3. No problems with drivers. Realtek HD audio drivers and 6.1 channel sound system. I find a similar problem with bz2 on my 280GTX system. Game has good fps and sound, but no music.

Last system I played the game on was a Pentium 4 1.4GHz system from 2001 with cd drive (non-writing).

Commando

If you rip the music off of your cd then convert them to .ogg, you can.  The changelog will tell you what to name those files.

- Added in support for playing the CD's audio tracks as ogg files
instead. To accomplish this, place files 'cdaudiotrack2.ogg'
.. 'cdaudiotrack11.ogg' under addon -- or any other place that BZ2 can
find files. If the 'Ingame Music From CD' audio option is set to 'On',
and the Music Volume slider is > 0, then it'll look for those ogg
files in preference to the CD (redbook audio) tracks. If you have a
system that's in any way recent, this should be preferable to using
the CD tracks, as there should be no pauses while the IDE drive takes
its sweet time seeking to a new track and killing your framerate.

bigbadbogie

Try putting in a random music CD while you play BZ2.

The game reads the music from the current disk in the CD drive, regardless of whether it is the BZ2 disk or not.

If it plays the music from another disk, then it could be the BZ2 CD at fault.

(Update)

Or you can do what commando said but that is a bit desperate.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

sabrebattletank

You could even put different songs in your addon, renaming them appropriately.

Spawn

Just run winamp or something in the background.

Nielk1

Do you ahve more than one disc drive?

Click on the image...

player5

Where are the audio files in the BZ2 disk? WM player doesn't come up. But I've got VLC, Zoomplayer, and irfanview installed will all sorts of exotic codecs. Never use WM player, nor updated it, but BZ2 is from 1999 so that shouldn't matter, right?

I think Commando's idea is the best if it improves framerate as a side effect. This is something introduced in the new patch I understand? 

Nielk1

Its audio CD tracks. Go ahead and stick your disk in a CD player if you do not understand.

Click on the image...

player5

Commando

It won't help your fps really, but it will eliminate the pausing that occurs when a song ends and the next one begins.  I believe that was the reason for adding this feature.