• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

we need a new sub-forum

Started by TheJamsh, April 08, 2009, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

In theory, I could create a sub-form and allowed it to be link to the SMF Calendar, but my major concern is I don't just want anyone to mark events into the calendar. A possible way to address that is to set the forum to only allow a special group the right to post new topics, everyone else can reply and give moderator ship of the group to someone who can than add people to the group. New topics can than be linked to events in the calendar which will show on the bottom of the forum when an event is closing in. Any thoughts?
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Red Devil

What box???

Sonic

I thought the idea was to post a plan for a multiplayer a week or more in advance. How would IRC accomplish that?

Red Devil

Because they never work.  People hardly ever show up for planned games, especially across time zones.
What box???

Sonic

Well it won't be too much trouble for me to setup the system I described and not put anymore load on the other Admins, so I'm willing to do it so long as there are several people who want this system. Not like it would be in the way of anything important if it isn't used.

AHadley

People hardly ever show up for spontaneous games. Either way, the subforum is up now, and I'm glad of it.