• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Modding questions

Started by AHadley, April 05, 2009, 04:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I'm having a couple of problems getting my mod to be fully compatible with MP.

First of all, there are too many vehicles for the MPvehiclelist and DMvehiclelest files. Is there some way I can increase this limit, and is there any particular reason it is in place?

Second, I cannot play as the Cerberi due to the fact that they have no pilots. Is there a cerberi pilot model kicking around somewhere, or will I have to make him?

bigbadbogie

I think the Hadean pilot model was used for the Cerberi in FE.

Yeah... you might have to make a new one.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

My, won't that be fun... time to dig out Gmax again...

Nielk1

I think Epic will have a Cerberi Pilot.

You could just use the ISDF one during development till you hit completion then get one thrown in.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Yeah... I think that's what the FE team did... then forgot to make one. In modding, I've found so many bugs in FE that were just covered over with something else... and plenty of easter eggs too, unusued things they never put into the final mod... and most of them will be in PF :)

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on April 05, 2009, 12:35:55 PM
Yeah... I think that's what the FE team did... then forgot to make one. In modding, I've found so many bugs in FE that were just covered over with something else... and plenty of easter eggs too, unusued things they never put into the final mod... and most of them will be in PF :)

No, not they did NOT forget. The only reason the Hadeans even have a pilot is because of error.odf, and that only works once.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 05, 2009, 02:10:35 PM
No, not they did NOT forget. The only reason the Hadeans even have a pilot is because of error.odf, and that only works once.

That's odd... all the espilo odfs work for me... and error.odf seems to cause problems... what's that all about?

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on April 05, 2009, 02:16:20 PM
That's odd... all the espilo odfs work for me... and error.odf seems to cause problems... what's that all about?

A little something called 1.2

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

QuoteI think Epic will have a Cerberi Pilot.

Wait... you're right... I've seen some movies of it.

Just wait for Epic mod to come out AHadley. Then you can beg Slaor for its use.  :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

AHadley

Wait for EPIC? Then by the time Perfidious is ready we will all be old men, Avatar will be long gone, and your computers wont run BZ2 any more! :lol:

I think I had better PM him and ask now... and put very special thanks in the credits

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on April 06, 2009, 02:28:04 AM
Wait for EPIC? Then by the time Perfidious is ready we will all be old men, Avatar will be long gone, and your computers wont run BZ2 any more! :lol:

Really? Its coming out tomorrow?  :lol:

My BZ2 mods:

Red Spot

Quote from: AHadley on April 06, 2009, 02:28:04 AM
..... and your computers wont run BZ2 any more!

Blasphemy !! ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*