• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Unconventional Modelling Software

Started by AHadley, April 10, 2009, 04:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoStr0m0

The only program I know that lets you paint a model is ZBrush.
But it's commercial, and has a price.

But it's amazing at detailing stuff. Head over to www.zbrushcentral.com and have a look.
Most are, unfortunately organic models because they need the most details to make them believable. But from what I know, you can get lower poly models out of it, and keep the high poly as a normal or texture map.
The most common procces is modeling something low poly, UV mapping it, then getting it into ZBrush, detailing the hell out of it, then save what you made as a texture, although you can save it as a model. The texture thus saved is applied to the low poly object at the beginning, creating very detailed appearing low poly models.

So check it out if you're curious.
" 'Till the world burned! "

AHadley

Wow, thanks, I'd better give it a try :-D

Nielk1

Deep Paint and Photoshop CS4 let you paint on models.

Click on the image...

AHadley

And I have seen the price on zBrush.

NoStr0m0

:))

The reaction was worth the wait.

You could always resort to piracy if you don't intend to use what you make commercially.
" 'Till the world burned! "

AHadley

DON'T SAY THAT HERE!
That's what PMs are for :P

TheJamsh

zBrush looks bloody brilliant. Hint Hint

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

RABBITPOLICE

What is the name of the original program anyway
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

AHadley

Read threads before posting in them, please. If you had bothered to look at the first post you would know.

RABBITPOLICE

The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Clavin12

Is there a model texture painting app for free?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

If you mean something like zBrush, no.

If you mean something like Photoshop, yes.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

RABBITPOLICE

nope still cant find the name of the old program used to make bz2 models

mrtwosheds

The program originally used to make bz2 models is simply not available any more.
It has evolved into the current version of softimage.xsi, It does things very differently now than 10 years ago.
That is why all of us here have developed our own techniques for recreating the old .xsi format that bz2 uses.
If you are looking for something that's simple to use and just saves a model as a working, completed xsi  then you are probably out of luck.

I make models in lithunwrap, a uvmapping program, it is old, primitive, but fairly simple, but then I have to use 3dexploration, x2xsi and notepad to turn its models into functioning .xsi's. As far as I know I am the only person daft enough to bother doing all this, but I find most modern modeling programs are irritatingly over-functioned with illogical user interfaces using incomprehensible jargon to describe things I just don't need to use.